On-Demand Resources For Students
Vanderbilt University resources on Accessibility
- Vanderbilt Student Access Services Office
- How to Request Accommodations – How to apply for accommodations
Accessibility in Brightspace
- How to Use a Screen Reader in Brightspace– A short video by D2L
- How do I set my time zone?
- How do I locate my courses?
- How can I re-order my courses on the dashboard?
- How do I add my photo, edit my profile, and manage account settings?
- How to enroll in and access the communal learning materials bank.
- Where do students see their Grades in Brightspace?
- How do I download my syllabus, or any document?
- How do I download all the course content files at once?
- How do I submit assignments?
- How do I submit a large video file for an assignment?
- I am having trouble uploading an assignment file
- How do I see my grades and feedback?
- How do I use Turnitin to submit an assignment and then see my instructor’s feedback?
- How can I upload files into Box and share them in an assignment or discussion?
- Preparation for Taking a Quiz in Brightspace
- Student Quiz Guide: How to Install Respondus Lockdown Browser
Video Conferencing: Zoom and Virtual Classrooms
- Everything you need to know about Zoom – Vanderbilt Hustler article, March 2020
- Preparing your laptop or device for video conferencing
- How do I join a Zoom meeting or Virtual Classroom?
- How do I navigate a Zoom meeting interface?
- How do I navigate a Virtual Classrooms interface?
- Where can I view Zoom recordings?
- Changing your Zoom Background
- How do I access the Media Gallery to watch videos?
- How do I use Kaltura Capture in Kaltura?
- How do I upload videos to Brightspace? (How to use Kaltura)
- How do I access Kaltura? What if I’m getting an error?
- How do I make edits to my Kaltura video?
- How do I add captions to my Kaltura video?
- How do I edit captions in my Kaltura video?
- Getting Started with Video Assignments/Bongo
- How do I submit a video assignment?
- How do I leave feedback for my peers?
- VIDEO GUIDE: Coming soon
- How Do I Record My Name on NameCoach?
- Getting Started with Gradescope
- How do I find and submit PDF assignments?
- How do I find and submit online assignments?
- How do I scan my assignments?
- How do I find my grades?
- How do I view feedback and submit regrade requests?
- Introduction to Perusall– A short introductory video by Perusall
- Getting Started with Perusall
- What Do My Perusall Scores Mean?
- Why are there exclamation points next to some of my scores?
- How do I hide the highlights and annotations in Perusall?
- What support does Perusall offer students with dyslexia?
Respondus LockDown Browser
- Introduction to Respondus LockDown Browser- A short introductory video by Respondus
- What kinds of devices are compatible with Respondus LockDown Browser?
- Can I change the webcam I want to use with Respondus LockDown Browser?
- Why am I seeing this error message?: LockDown Browser should not be used to log in to your Learning System
- Why am I seeing a time out error?- Coming soon
- Introduction to TopHat– A short introductory video by TopHat