We want to make you aware of a few important updates:
- If you have a religion-based vaccine request, please contact EOA. Student Access only handles medical or disability related vaccine accommodation requests.
- We have extended our Proctoring Center hours from 8:00 AM to 8:30 PM Central Monday through Thursday and 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Central on Fridays. Although our hours have been extended, our space is still limited due to safe social-distancing practices. Be sure to use the Commodore Access Portal if you want to schedule a test with us.
- Important note: In-person availability will be limited to scheduled test times. Please contact email@example.com before stopping by our offices at the Baker Building.
Yes, we are open! Student Access is operating remotely at this time. We are able to assist students and faculty via video call, phone, and/or email. Our proctoring center is open for students enrolled in in-person courses. Please see our proctoring page for more information.
For students requesting accommodations for the first time, or for those students requesting a change to an accommodation, please log into the Commodore Access Portal and make the request. If you have questions about exam accommodations, please contact our testing coordinator.
For those students with fears and anxiety relating to Coronavirus, please view the Dean of Students' page for resources and services available to help manage your concerns.
We thank you for your flexibility during this unprecedented time. Please stay safe and well.
Returning to Campus
SA is following Vanderbilt’s Return to Campus Plan. Please see guidance below for details pertaining to our office:
- We plan to open our physical location in Baker once our undergraduate students are on campus (phases 3 and 4).
- Contact Student Access for the most efficient way to have questions or concerns addressed.
- If you travel through campus via wheelchair or other accessible method, please review the protocols for the campus circulation plans for outdoor spaces and building entry/exit. Contact our office if you come across any barriers within the routes provided.
- If you are a student with a vision impairment or are unable to read the campus signage, contact our office to arrange a guided tour or to discuss alternative accessible options.
- If you are a Vanderbilt faculty, staff member or other employee and are seeking accommodation(s), contact Equal Opportunity and Access.
Commodore Access Portal
The Commodore Access Portal is the ultimate mode of communication around accommodations for students, faculty, and the Student Access team.
Students use the Commodore Access Portal to connect with our office, request accommodations, and schedule exams. Through the portal, the Student Access team is able to view requests, schedule exams, and collaborate with students and faculty to ensure students are receiving access. Faculty can also use the Commodore Access Portal to view accommodation letters and provide proctoring information to our testing coordinator.
If you are an incoming student, please refer to our instructions for requesting accommodations. After applying, a member of the SA team will meet with you to discuss your accommodations and show you the Commodore Access Portal.
If you are a faculty member, you may request a training session by emailing Student Access. We are happy to provide 1:1 demonstrations and/or provide quick departmental overviews