Submitting a large video file for an assignment
Brightspace assignments will allow you to record or upload small media files, but there may be an assignment that requires a much larger file. Brightspace has a tool called Kaltura that will process this for you. There are a few steps to this process, so read through the guide thoroughly.
- Step One: Upload your video file to My Media (Kaltura)
- Step Two: Link your Kaltura video to the assignment
Updated September 2021
Click here for a Printable version
Upload your video file to My Media (Kaltura)
- Record your video using the recording tool and device of your choice. This may be easiest to do using the camera app on your mobile device, or by using Kaltura Capture on your computer as shown in this guide.
- Navigate to the Brightspace dashboard and select the My Media tab at the top of the page.
- Select Add New and then Media Upload.
- Navigate to your video file and fill out the information. Be sure to add your instructor as a collaborator so they can view the video.
- You will see a message when the video has uploaded successfully.
Step Two: Link your Kaltura video to the assignment
- Go into your course assignment submission page. Find the Insert Stuff icon to link to your Kaltura upload.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list in the pop-up and choose Insert Kaltura.
- Select your video and Insert it into the assignment field. You’ll see it displayed as a media player. You can also add text in the field. Be sure to Submit your assignment.