How do I submit a large video file for an assignment?
The best way to submit a video file in Brightspace is using the Kaltura Media platform, which is housed directly within your Brightspace course. The guide below will show you how to use this tool.
How to Submit your Video File
1. Record your video using the recording tool and device of your choice. This may be easiest to do using the ‘Camera’ application on mobile device, or by using Kaltura Capture on your computer as shown in this guide
Note: If you use Kaltura capture, you can skip steps 2-4 and go to step 5 in this guide!
2. Navigate to the Brightspace homepage and select the My Media tab at the top of the page
3. Select Add New and then Media Upload
4. Choose your video file and designate a name for the video upload, then click Save
6. Scroll to the bottom of the list in the pop-up and choose Insert Kaltura
7. Find your video in the list and click Select to the right of this video
8. Click Insert on the following page, then choose Submit on the assignment page to finalize your submission