How do I Access the Media Gallery to Watch Videos?
The Media Gallery tab should be located on the navigation bar within your course. When viewing videos in Brightspace, a software tool called Kaltura is used. In order for Kaltura to work on your computer, you will have to grant it access. See the instructions below on how to activate Kaltura to watch videos in Brightspace.
Are you here because you are seeing an error message that says Access Denied? Follow the instructions below to fix the problem.
How to activate Kaltura and access the Media Gallery
The first time you access the Media Gallery within a course, it will ask you to grant permission. This is a very simple process.
1. Navigate to the Media Gallery by clicking the tab
2. Check the box: Do not ask me again for this application
3. Click continue
You are not able to access the Media Gallery. Be advised you may have to do this process again in the future, as software updates and browser updates may affect things.
Kaltura will only work correctly in certain browser environments. If you are seeing a message that says Access Denied, we suggest you go through these troubleshooting steps to try and correct it.
- Use Google Chrome as your browser – it has proven to be most compatible with Brightspace.
- Disable any pop-up blockers while in Brightspace
- Be sure to clear cache/cookies
- Close your browser and re-open new windows
- Check if you need to install updates to your browser or OS
- Restart your computer
If the problem persists after performing all these steps, contact Brightspace Support for additional help.