Student Org Purchase Requests
Student Organizations are able to make purchases a variety of ways. If your organization is affiliated with an office on campus, please contact that office directly for assistance with purchasing. All Purchase Requests require advance approval from the organization’s adviser.
How To Purchase Items
If you would like to purchase items for your student organization there are several options:
- In person purchases are completed by requesting a P-Card. It is recommended this request be submitted two weeks in advance. A P-card is a credit card issued by Vanderbilt University for the purpose of making purchases for Student Organizations. Most undergraduate student organizations will be asked to pick up a P-card in Sarratt 310, though some may have processes that include picking up cards at other locations. This card is to be used for local, in-person purchases only and cannot to be used for online purchases.
- On-line purchases can be requested by completing the Purchase Request form two weeks in advance.
- Merchandise and Apparel orders should be placed four weeks before the items are needed. More information can be found here.
- Payment to service providers can be requested by completing the Purchase Request form two weeks in advance. New suppliers will receive an email with instructions on how to register as a supplier at Vanderbilt.
- With pre-approval from your organization’s Adviser, you can submit an expense for reimbursement by using Oracle. This applies to purchases that are made by using personal funds.
After securing your Adviser’s approval you can begin the process by completing the Purchase Request Form.