Welcome to Student Organizations, Leadership and Service (SOLS) website! Here you will find valuable resources that will help you engage the Vanderbilt community and make a significant impact on campus. Student Leaders manage their organizations and provide Student Organization Advisers with the resources to help them support their student groups.
Not involved on campus yet? No problem! We have over 500 opportunities to help you connect with our community. Take a look at our organization directory on Anchor Link to find the group(s) for you. We also have many different events that are taking place in our community. To view those activities, click on our calendar below.
Want to learn more about our office, click on the tabs above for more details. Please click on the images below to view upcoming events.
Student Organizations, Leadership and Service strives to encourage co-curricular learning and personal development through intentional student engagement. Student Organizations connect the campus community by highlighting opportunities for meaningful involvement and helping students engage with tools to help manage and track the co-curricular student experience. We support the mission-driven work of student organizations and seek to equip student leaders with vital skills and resources in order to make their organizations more effective, inclusive, impactful, and sustainable.
In order to support and centralize student engagement across campus, our office will:
- Oversee the registration process for Vanderbilt’s 500+ registered student organizations
- Assist student organizations with accessing and managing their finances
- Support the Student Services Fee (SSF) allocation process for student organizations
- Educate student leaders about Vanderbilt University policies and support compliance efforts
- Provide online resources to student organization leaders and advisers
- Offer opportunities for training and leadership development through the START student leader workshops
- Directly advise Vanderbilt Student Government
- Provide coaching support to various student organizations
- Host the annual Student Involvement Fair
- Conduct campus-wide elections such as Vanderbilt Student Government.
Student Organization Registration
All organizations must complete their registration annually in order to be recognized by the University as a registered student organization (RSO). Failure to renew registration by the deadline, will result in the organization having their accounts frozen. This status will prevent the student leaders from having access to their funds, reserving room spaces, or participating in the student involvement fair. If your organization has not registered for the upcoming year, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration must be completed by an INCOMING officer who will hold their position in the new academic year. To learn about the benefits of being a registered student organization (RSO), click here.
For more information about how to complete the registration process, click here.
Have any questions about student organizations at Vanderbilt? Feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com or reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our student involvement platform, Anchor Link.
Take a look at the Anchor Link Resources Website for specific information about navigating this platform.