Register Your Org
Registration Status and Deadlines
- You should be able to check the status of your registration form under “Submissions” on Anchor Link. A list of submissions and their completion statuses as of September 6th, 2022 is also available here.
- In order to Participate in the Student Involvement Fair, organizations must submit their registration forms by August 12th, 2022. Don’t worry if you have not received approval by this date, as the forms will need time to be processed.
- The Student Involvement Fair will take place on Friday, August 26th.
RSOs (new and current) must submit their registration by the end of September 16, 2022 at midnight. Please note that this does not apply to groups that completed their New Org Interest Forms.
Why Should We Register Our Organizations?
All organizations must renew their registration annually in order to be recognized by the University as a Registered Student Organization (RSO). Student Organizations that fail to renew their annual registration by the given deadline, will result in having their Anchor Link account frozen. This status will prevent them from having access to their funds, reserving room spaces, or participating in the Student Involvement Fair.
If you have not registered for the upcoming year, please contact email@example.com.
All Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) are entitled to the following privileges:
- Use of the Vanderbilt University name to identify institutional affiliation
- Use of University meeting rooms and facilities for free or at a reduced rate
- Access to Anchor Link for managing your student organization and promoting events through the Anchor Link Event Calendar
- The opportunity to participate in the Student Involvement Fair in August
- Eligibility to apply for funding from various sources on campus including Student Services Fee (SSF)
- The opportunity to use equipment in the Sarratt Student Center
- Access to storage space in Sarratt | Rand
- Free organizational consulting and training by University administrators
- Membership on AnchorLinkLeaders, the student leader list-serve, maintained by the Office of Student Organizations & Governance
- Use of the Vanderbilt accounting system
- Access to an organizational mailbox
- Use of campus bulletin boards and digital signage to promote organizational activities.
How To Complete Organization Registration
Before an officer begins completing the registration process for their organization, they must have administrative access to their Anchor Link page. If they do not have the ability to make updates to their organization’s page, they must reach out to their outgoing officers to grant them access to the page. Please review the Roster Management page on the Anchor Link Resources website for information on roster additions.
Click the links below for instructions on how to complete the organization registration process for your organization
- Starting and Registering New Student Organizations
- Organization Registration Renewal for Existing Student Organizations
- Student Organization Leadership Eligibility
- Student Organization Adviser Information
- Nondiscrimination, Equal Opportunity, and Disability Policies.
Registration must be completed by an INCOMING student officer who will hold their position in the new academic year. Student organizations who do not anticipate having turnover until after the given deadline must notify our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.