Skip to main content

Alcohol at Events

Vanderbilt Departments & Organizations

  • Alcoholic beverages are permitted in the Student Centers/Provost spaces upon approval by Student Centers or their designee.  All requests to serve alcohol must be made at least three (3) weeks in advance of the event.
  • Events that include alcohol must be registered in Anchor Link at least three (3) weeks prior to the date of the event.
  • All alcohol must be served by an approved (ABC) licensed bartending service.
  • Food, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages must be provided in sufficient variety and quantity and in a manner commensurate with the availability of alcoholic beverages.
  • If Undergraduate students will be present at your event, you must hire an approved (ABC) licensed bartending service to provide a cash bar.
  • Ticketed events that include alcohol must have prior approval.  There are only a limited number of Special Occasion Licenses available for the University to use for this purpose.
  • All events that request to serve alcohol must register the event through the Event Registration process in Anchor Link and attend Host Responsibility Training with the Center for Student Wellbeing.
  • Security may be required for events with alcohol.

For more information on alcohol policies, please refer to Alcohol Beverages.