Alcohol at Events
Vanderbilt Departments & Organizations
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted in the Student Centers/Provost spaces upon approval by Student Centers or their designee. All requests to serve alcohol must be made at least four (4) weeks in advance of the event.
- Events that include alcohol must be registered in Anchor Link at least four (4) weeks prior to the date of the event.
- All alcohol must be served by an approved (ABC) licensed bartending service.
- The vendor will need to complete the Limited Premise Agreement and provide a copy of their Certificate of Insurance before event approval. Please see Forms for more information.
- Food, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages must be provided in sufficient variety and quantity and in a manner commensurate with the availability of alcoholic beverages.
- If Undergraduate students will be present at your event, you must hire an approved (ABC) licensed bartending service to provide a cash bar.
- Ticketed events that include alcohol must have prior approval. There are only a limited number of Special Occasion Licenses available for the University to use for this purpose.
- All events that request to serve alcohol must register the event through the Event Registration process in Anchor Link and attend Host Responsibility Training with the Center for Student Wellbeing.
- Security may be required for events with alcohol.
For more information on Alcohol Policies and Expectations for on-campus events and in general, please refer to the Student Handbook.