Student Centers Event Space FAQs
1. What spaces are considered Student Centers spaces?
- Student Life Center
- Alumni Hall
- Sarratt | Rand Student Center
- The Commons Student Center
- The Engineering and Science Building | The Wondr’y
- Residential Colleges
- Kissam Center
- E. Bronson Ingram
- Community Event Space
- Benton Chapel
2. What specifically is included in standard use?
- Setup/Teardown of In-House Equipment
- Standard In-House Equipment (tables/chairs)
- Ballroom includes Dance floor/Stage
- Built in AV (LCD TV or Projector/Screen)
- Lectern/Podium Mic (in some spaces)
- (1) A/V technician when needed or required
- (1) Handheld or Lapel Microphone
- Basic Housekeeping
3. What if my event is an outdoor space?
- Any charges from Plant Operations for grounds keeping, electrical or move crew would be applicable, including tables, chairs, stages, tents, sound equipment. If an AV technician is needed for an outdoor event, charges would apply.
4. Will I be charged to rent a sound system from Sarratt or Commons?
- Yes, there is a $50 charge to rent the sound system.
5. What if our group is using a space for longer than 8 hours (or overnight) or requires extra load in time?
- Additional housekeeping fees will apply for events that are overnight or extend longer than 8 hours.
- Additional fees may apply for extra load in time.
6. What if my setup request uses more equipment than what is included?
- If your setup requirements involve equipment that needs to be rented from outside vendors, there will be extra charges.
- Table cloths are an additional charge.
Equipment & Audio/Visual Rentals
A variety of equipment is available to rent in the Vanderbilt University Student Centers. Equipment must remain in the building and may not be rented for use outside of the Student Centers (exceptions do apply, please contact Student Centers for more information).
1. What is included with a Standard Technician?
- Technician includes: setup of basic lighting stage wash, assistance to hook up client’s laptop to projection system, and basic audio level adjustments of podium mic and laptop audio. Additional technical services such as specialty lighting, live streaming, multi-camera/computer video production and large scale audio requires a consultation for pricing.
2. What if my event requires an additional AV technician?
- One AV technician is included. During the pre-planning process the Production Services department will discuss with you appropriate staffing needs.
3. What if my performance in a Student Center Facility requires additional rehearsals, is the AV technician included?
- A single technician is included for your performance day and three rehearsals. Additional rehearsals or performances will be an additional charge.
4. What if my event is in Langford Auditorium?
- Langford is a VUMC space and all charges would be applicable, including support from all AV technicians and equipment beginning on day one.