Only student organizations and University departments may post within the Student Centers. Display boards are available in the Commons Center, Kissam Center, Sarratt Student Center| Rand Hall, and Student Life Center. Please click here for more information on publicity promotions and advertising.
- Postings cannot exceed two (2) 8.5″ x 11″ OR one (1) 11″ x 17″ up to 24″ x 36″ poster per display board.
- No postings are permitted on walls or glass. These posters will be removed and disposed of by Student Centers.
Only approved banners, co-sponsored by the Office of Student Affairs may be hung in the Student Centers. Banners will be hung by Student Centers. All banners must be collected by their sponsors no later than 3 days after the event. Only commercially made vinyl banners are permitted inside the Student Centers. Hand-painted paper or sheet banners may be hung on the poles in front of the Rand Wall on a first-come, first-serve basis with no reservation required. Please click here for more information on publicity promotions and advertising.
Use of sidewalk stickers is prohibited, except if such use is approved by the Facilities Review Committee, which must review and approve the proposed content, locations, and posting dates of any sidewalk stickers.
Student Centers manages screens in the Commons Center, Sarratt Student Center, Residential Colleges and Student Life Center.
- Student Affairs departments and student organizations are permitted one (1) 10 second slide at a time, which will play for a minimum of three days and a maximum of 21 days. It is the responsibility of each area director to determine which slide to have posted. All signs must be submitted by a representative of the specific department, or officer of the student organization. Student organizations in need of help creating digital signs are encouraged to use the free services of the ACE Design Team.
- Please submit your digital signs by email to email@example.com one week prior to your requested ‘start’ date. Include the start/end dates for running your image. All files should be in widescreen format(aspect ratio of 16:9 or 1920 x 1080) and saved as a .jpg or .png file type.
All requests for exceptions to the policies above should be directed to an Assistant Director of Student Centers.
The following guidelines must be followed when hanging signage on campus:
• Nails, tacks, tape, or staples may not be used to attach posters to trees or buildings. Posters and banners may be tied to tree trunks with string.
• Stakes bearing signs may not be driven into the ground. From time to time, University departments may install directional signs similar in design to those signs placed in yards for political campaigns. Student organizations desiring to use such signs must obtain authorization from the Director of Student Organizations, or the director’s designee.
*Note that the use of such signs is reserved for directions, only, that they may not be used for general advertising or promotion,
and that they must be removed immediately at the conclusion of the event for which they are installed.
• Banners may not be hung from trees, between trees, or from other objects such as lampposts.
• With the endorsement and cooperation of student government, a series of poles with rigging especially designed for the hanging of banners has been installed on the east side of Rand Hall, to consolidate the display of banners.
• Using markers and permanent paint on any surface other than banners, posters or flyers is prohibited, as is using self-adhesive labels or stickers. Individuals and organizations may be charged for repair or cleaning of damaged
Other campus departments may request to post a sign by submitting it in the same format to the email address above. Please note that priority is given to student organizations and DOS departments. Signs from other departments will be accepted as space on the queue allows.