Protection of Minors
Events that include minors
- Note that Vanderbilt students under the age of 18 are not considered minors for the purpose of event registration.
- Student Organization events that include minors must be registered in Anchor Link at least two (2) weeks prior to the date of the event to ensure that compliance obligations, if any, associated with the Protection of Minors Policy are met.
- Departmental events that include minors must be registered in the Protection of Minors Web Application under an approved program at least two (2) weeks prior to the event and all personnel must be entered and in compliance.
- Student organizations hosting events with minors that require a third party compliance agreement under the protection of minors policy must upload the agreement during the event registration process in Anchor Link. Student organizations hosting events with minors that require parent permission forms with emergency contact information under the Protection of Minors policy must document the forms internally.
- Events that include minors must track attendance of Vanderbilt students, faculty, staff, and affiliates through the Anchor Link attendance tracking process.
- Note that events that fall under the protection of minors policy are subject to a compliance audit.
- Please see the student handbook for more information.