Transfer Out Procedures
Student Transfer Out From Vanderbilt
- Student should receive information from the new school’s International Student Adviser; typically includes a SEVIS transfer form
- Student informs Vanderbilt International Student Adviser of intent to transfer by completing the Departure Form, and uploading new admission letter and SEVIS transfer form.
- Vanderbilt International Student Adviser determines transfer eligibility, completes transfer form, enters transfer request into SEVIS database, and sets the SEVIS Release Date.
- New School (“Transfer in” school) issues a new I-20 (F-1) or DS-2019 (J-1)
Scholar Transfer Out From Vanderbilt
- Complete Departure From and upload offer or appointment letter from new school with brief statement of what you will be doing there
- An ISSS adviser will confirm with your current supervisor that you have permission to transfer
- An ISSS adviser will also confirm with your current supervisor that the research you will do at the new institution will be similar to what you are currently doing at Vanderbilt
- An ISSS will review your Departure Form, offer/appointment letter, and information from your current supervisor to determine if you are eligible for transfer.
- If you have any questions please contact email@example.com