What Can I Do to Protect My Identity and Prevent Identity Theft?
- Take stock. Know what personal information you have in your files and on your computers.
- Scale down. Keep only what you need for your business.
- Lock it. Protect the information in your care.
- Pitch it. Properly dispose of what you no longer need.
- Plan ahead. Create a plan to respond to security incidents.
- Guarding Vanderbilt information
- Download Guarding Vanderbilt Information .pdf
- Access Debix
- Federal Trade Commission ID Theft Resources
- Federal Trade Commission Tutorial on Protecting Personal Information
- Identity Theft Resource Center
- Personal Identity Theft Protection Toolkit (.pdf)
- Personal Information Protection for Businesses Toolkit (.pdf)
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse – Running List of Data Breaches (.pdf)