For Degree-Seeking Students
Attention New Students
- Certain immunizations are required for all students. If you are unable to obtain them prior to arriving on campus, you can receive them from the Student Health Center. The health insurance plan offered by Vanderbilt provides coverage of most immunizations at little or no cost. For a list of required immunizations, please click here.
- It is strongly recommended that any students who need a Tuberculosis test receive one prior to arrival. To determine if the test is required, please consult the Health Questionnaire below.
- Health Questionnaire must be completed and submitted to the Student Health Center with vaccination or waiver information. If you are unable to submit the Health Questionnaire by the May 15th deadline then your registration will be put on hold until you have submitted the forms.
- Insurance coverage begins in mid-August. Students who will arrive in the U.S. early are strongly encouraged to purchase the early arrival insurance. Please complete the Early Arrival Insurance Enrollment Form on the Gallagher Insurance site if you will be on campus before August 1. You must complete the early enrollment form to be covered during the summer before school begins in August.
- Enrollment in the Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan is mandatory for international students. The Student Health Center is unable to approve requests for waivers of participation in the plan.
All students enrolled for 4 credits or more will be automatically signed for student health insurance with Gallagher. The insurance is charged to your student account each fall and spring semester. Coverage is for the academic year and is valid from August to August.
Insurance brochures and frequently asked questions can be found on the Student Health Center website.