For Degree-Seeking Students
New Student Reminders
- Certain immunizations are required for all students. If you are unable to obtain them prior to arriving on campus, you can receive them from the Student Health Center. The health insurance plan offered by Vanderbilt provides coverage of most immunizations at little or no cost. For a list of required immunizations, please click here.
- It is strongly recommended that any students who need a Tuberculosis test receive one prior to arrival.
- A Student Health Center form must be completed and submitted to the Student Health Center with vaccination or waiver information. If you are unable to submit the Health Questionnaire by the May 15th deadline, then your registration will be put on hold until you have submitted the forms.
- Insurance coverage begins in mid-August. Students who will arrive in the U.S. early are strongly encouraged to purchase the early arrival insurance. Please review the information on the AHP Healthcare website if you are interested in enrolling. (Early arrival coverage is voluntary; you must enroll yourself if you want to have this coverage.)
- Enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) is mandatory for international students. Waivers are generally not approved unless a student provides proof of a comparable US-based employer plan.
All international students will be automatically enrolled in the student health insurance plan, which is managed by Academic HealthPlans. The insurance is charged to your student account each fall and spring semester. Coverage is for the academic year and is valid from August to August.
Dental and vision coverage is included in the Student Health Insurance Plan.
Insurance brochures and frequently asked questions can be found on the AHP Healthcare website.