*Please drop off your OPT application to ISSS only during walk-in hours or make an appointment with an ISSS advisor to turn it in outside of those hours, so that an advisor can review your packet before submission.
Compile the following OPT application documents to submit to ISSS at least 3 months in advance of requested OPT start date:
- Completed OPT Application – Complete OPT Application form and obtain appropriate academic advisor signature. (Please type and print. Handwritten forms will not be accepted.)
- $410 personal check payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security for I-765 application fee
- Completed I-765 Form (Please type and print. Handwritten forms will not be accepted.)
- Completed G-1145 Form (Please type and print. Handwritten forms will not be accepted.)
- 2 Passport-style photos – with full name and I-94 number (11 digits) on back of each photo (Photo must be taken within 30 days)
- Copy of I-94
- Copy of Passport I.D. page(s) including expiration date
- Copy of Visa Stamp
- Copy of all previous Employment Authorization Documents (EAD cards) if you previously been granted employment
- Completed OPT applications may be submitted at the ISSS front desk. If you have questions, you may come to walk-in hours or schedule an appointment with your International Student Adviser.
- Your International Student Adviser will review your application materials, issue a new I-20 with OPT recommendation, and finalize your OPT Application Package. You will receive an email from your International Student Adviser when your OPT application is ready to pick up at ISSS.
- You must mail the completed OPT application packet to Immigration (USCIS) WITHIN 30 DAYS OF OPT I-20 ISSUANCE to an address below:
Address for Regular Postal Mail
USCIS, Dallas Lockbox
PO Box 660867
Dallas, TX 75266
Address for Express Mail (i.e. FedEx, UPS)
2501 S. State Hwy. 121; Business Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067
NOTE: Do not begin employment until you have received the EAD for approved OPT authorization. The EAD is a license-sized picture card that indicates the approved employment start and end dates. Employment is not permitted before the approved start date or after the approved end date. OPT is not contingent upon an employment offer.