Student leaders must renew their organization’s registration each year by completing the registration process within Anchor Link. Renewal instructions can be found below. The registration process serves to provide current information to Dean of Students office and the University population at large. Organizations are encouraged to examine their missions and memberships and to set goals for the academic year. Failure to renew your registration annually by the deadline, will result in your organization having their accounts frozen. This status will prevent them from having access to their funds, reserving room spaces, or participating in the student involvement fair.
Click here to view the privileges of being a Registered Student Organization (RSO).
To be eligible for registration renewal, an organization must:
- Be organized and run by four student officers who are full-time registered students as defined by their schools. Officers must maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA and may not be on academic or disciplinary probation;
- Have at least one full-time, permanent, Vanderbilt faculty or staff member as its coach;
- Maintain all funds on deposit in an account of good standing through the DOS Finance Office and follow appropriate accounting procedures (special conditions apply to fraternities, sororities, and Vanderbilt Student Communications divisions);
- Be funded by its members or the University (ex. AcFee, departmental funding, member dues, etc);
- Limit its voting membership to Vanderbilt students, faculty, or staff members (a limited number of other persons may be elected to honorary or associate membership without voting privileges);
- Have purposes that do not overlap significantly with those of any other registered organization. This includes purposes that are nuanced to existing organizations. Back to Top
All Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) at Vanderbilt must comply with University policies and regulations, including our non-discrimination policy. Your organization, including all members, officers and advisors, must abide by all Vanderbilt regulations, policies, and procedures, as outlined in the Student Handbook.
During the registration process, your organization will upload a signed affirmation statement affirming the compliance of your organization with the University’s Non-Discrimination Policy. You need not and should not include a non-discrimination statement in your constitution. Back to Top
- Log into Anchor Link and go to your organization’s account;
- Click on the “Manage Organizations” button on the top right side of your screen;
- Click the “Register” button under your organization’s name on the organization’s home page;
- Follow the instructions provided to complete your registration. Please review the list below for the materials you will need in order to complete the registration process;
- As you work on the form, the system will save your content each time you click the “Next” button at the bottom of any page. To return to a registration form you have already started, go your initials or picture on the top right side of your screen then click “Submissions” and select the “Organization Registrations” tab. Click on the magnifying glass to open your registration and then click on the title of the page you would like to return to.
- When your organization registration is approved, you will receive an email within the system. You will also receive an email at your Vanderbilt.edu email address if you have “All Notifications” selected on the “Notifications” tab of your profile. This is also how you will receive notification if there is any information missing from your registration. Please be on the lookout for these notifications.
***If your organization did not complete the re-registration process by May 1, 2019 then your organization’s Anchor Link account has been frozen. Officers currently on the roster can still access their group through “My Shortcuts” in the top gold toolbar of Anchor Link to re-register but the organizations are no longer publicly accessible. Organizations that have not completed the re-registration process cannot access their task number (financial account) and will not receive their AcFee funding until the process is complete. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot access your group or have questions about the registration process. Back to Top
Your organization submitted a constitution with your organization’s previous registration submission. This document was reviewed and approved by the Office of the Dean of Students. As a result, you will only need to upload a constitution if your organization has made changes to the constitution since your last submission. You may review your constitution from the “Documents” section of your group’s page on Anchor Link. Back to Top
- Name, Vanderbilt Email Address, Cell Phone Number, and VUnetID for the President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary or their equivalent. Must be four different student officers;
- Name, Vanderbilt Email Address and Campus Phone Number, and Cell Phone Number for your Faculty or Staff Coach;
- Electronic Version of the Organization’s Constitution to upload;
- Electronic (scanned) version of the Officer and Coach Affirmation Form | PDF Version to upload, signed by the incoming President, Treasurer, and Coach;
- Electronic (scanned) version of the Task Number Creation Form | PDF Version to upload in order to have an on campus account for organization financial transactions;
- Electronic profile picture to upload;
- Vanderbilt.edu email addresses for all members and officers of your organization either separated by commas or entered on address per line. This is a very important step to ensure membership information is accurate. Back to Top
Please click here to download the registration status of your student organization. Below is a breakdown of each registration status:
- Approved – Your organization has successfully completed re-registration for 2019-2020.
- Denied – Your organization has attempted to re-register but there is something that needs to be corrected within the registration. A comment was made to your submission about the issue that needs to be corrected. Make the correction and re-submit.
- Pending – Your organization has attempted to re-register and the Office of Student Organizations and Governance is currently reviewing your submission. You will receive a response as soon as possible.
If your organization is not listed, your organization has failed to attempt to re-register. To re-register, log into your organization’s Anchor Link page. Click the blue re-registration button at the bottom of the page and complete the steps.
Registration Deadline is January 24, 2020 by midnight.
If you have questions about renewing your organization’s registration, please contact email@example.com.