Organization Registration Renewal for Existing Student Organizations
Student leaders must renew their organization’s registration each year by completing the registration process within Anchor Link. Renewal instructions can be found below. The registration process serves to provide current information to Dean of Students office and the University population at large. Organizations are encouraged to examine their missions and memberships and to set goals for the academic year. Failure to renew your registration annually by the deadline, will result in your organization having their accounts frozen. This status will prevent them from having access to their funds, reserving room spaces, or participating in the student involvement fair.
Click here to view the privileges of being a Registered Student Organization (RSO).
To be eligible for registration renewal, an organization must:
- Be organized and run by officers who are full-time registered students as defined by their colleges or schools. Officers must maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA and may not be on academic or disciplinary probation.
- Have at least one full-time, permanent, Vanderbilt faculty or staff member as its advisor.
- Maintain all funds on deposit in an account of good standing through the Office of Financial Affairs and follow appropriate accounting procedures. (Special conditions apply to fraternities, sororities, and Vanderbilt Student Communications divisions.).
- Be funded by its members or the University (ex. AcFee, departmental funding, member dues).
- Limit its voting membership to Vanderbilt students, faculty, or staff members. (A limited number of other persons may be elected to honorary or associate membership without voting privileges.)
All Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) at Vanderbilt must comply with University policies and regulations, including our nondiscrimination policy. Your organization, including all members, officers and advisors, must abide by all Vanderbilt regulations, policies, and procedures, as outlined in the Student Handbook. The signed affirmation statement you will upload during the organization renewal process signifies the compliance of your organization with the University’s nondiscrimination policy.
- Log into Anchor Link and go to your organization’s account.
- Click the “Register” button under your organization’s name on the organization’s home page.
- Follow the instructions provided to complete your registration. Please review the list below for the materials you will need in order to complete the registration process.
- As you work on the form, the system will save your content each time you click the “Next” button at the bottom of any page. To return to a registration form you have already started, go to “My Involvement” in the top gold toolbar then click “Submissions” and select the “Organization Registrations” tab. Click on the magnifying glass to open your registration and then click on the title of the page you would like to return to.
- When your organization registration is approved, you will receive an email within the system. You will also receive an email at your Vanderbilt.edu email address if you have “All Notifications” selected on the “Notifications” tab of your profile. This is also how you will receive notification if there is any information missing from your registration. Please be on the lookout for these notifications.
***If your organization did not complete the re-registration process by May 1st then your organization’s Anchor Link account has been frozen. Officers currently on the roster can still access their group through “My Shortcuts” in the top gold toolbar of Anchor Link to re-register but the organizations are no longer publicly accessible. Organizations that have not completed the re-registration process cannot access their task number (financial account) and will not receive their AcFee funding until the process is complete. Please contact email@example.com if you cannot access your group or have questions about the registration process.
Your organization submitted a constitution with your organization’s previous registration submission. This document was reviewed and approved by the Office of the Dean of Students. As a result, you will only need to upload a constitution if your organization has made changes to the constitution since your last submission. You may review your constitution from the “Documents” section of your group’s page on Anchor Link.
- Name, Email Address, Phone Number, and VUnetID for the Incoming President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary;
- Name, Email Address and Phone Number for the Faculty or Staff Advisor;
- Electronic version of the Organization’s Constitution to upload (ex. Word Doc, PDF)
- Electronic version of the Officer and Advisor Affirmation Form, with physical signatures from the Incoming President, Treasurer, and Advisor. A digital signature will not be accepted and will result in the registration being denied.
- Electronic profile picture to upload (ex. JPEG, PNG);
- Vanderbilt.edu email addresses for members not included on your current Anchor Link roster either separated by commas or entered one address per line. It is very important that this information is as accurate as possible.
- Approved – Your organization has successfully completed re-registration for 2019-2020.
- Denied – Your organization has attempted to re-register but there is something that needs to be corrected within the registration. A comment was made to your submission about the issue that needs to be corrected. Make the correction and re-submit.
- Pending – Your organization has attempted to re-register and the Office of Student Organizations and Governance is currently reviewing your submission. You will receive a response as soon as possible.
If your organization is not listed, your organization has failed to attempt to re-register. To re-register, log into your organization’s Anchor Link page. Click the blue re-registration button at the bottom of the page and complete the steps.
Registration Deadline is January 24, 2020 by midnight.
If you have questions about renewing your organization’s registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Sarratt 315.