Student Leader Training Materials
- Overview of managing your student organization
- Deeper analysis of event planning and marketing
- Includes training on eDog and effective budgeting
- Offers tips for fundraising both on and off campus
- Example constitution for student organizations
Advisor Training Materials
- Role of the Advisor, University policies, Finances, Best Practices
Resources for Student Organizations
- Information on paying for expenses
- Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
- Form required for contributions to not-for-profit organization
- Use when making purchases for your student organization
- eDog guide for student organizations
Public Performance Rights – Read below
Events that include showing a film on campus
- Reservations and Events can assist both with ordering films and with securing public performance rights.
- Note that public performance rights must be obtained prior to showing a film on campus.
- Registered student organizations may also order films to show on campus. The motion picture titles shown on the Vanderbilt campus are cleared by the distributors for public performance exhibition. This means that Vanderbilt has the legal right to show titles before groups of students, faculty, and their friends on campus. The “home use” versions of these same titles, obtained from video stores, etc., are not cleared by the distributors for public performance use by the University, because proper licensing fees to the copyright owners have not been paid for such use. Films, videos, or DVDs may not be shown to dorm audiences, clubs, fraternities, sororities, or other organizations, without first obtaining a public performance license. Reservations and Events in Sarratt Student Center, 615-32(2-2448), can provide additional information.