The Office of Student Organizations strives to encourage co-curricular learning and personal development through intentional student engagement. Student Organizations connect the campus community by highlighting opportunities for meaningful involvement and helping students engage with tools to help manage and track the co-curricular student experience. We support the mission-driven work of student organizations and seek to equip student leaders with vital skills and resources in order to make their organizations more effective, inclusive, impactful, and sustainable.
In order to support and centralize student engagement across campus, our office will:
- Oversee the registration process for Vanderbilt’s 500+ registered student organizations
- Assist student organizations with accessing and managing their finances
- Support the Student Services Fee (SSF) allocation process for student organizations
- Educate student leaders about Vanderbilt University policies and support compliance efforts
- Provide online resources to student organization leaders and coaches
- Offer opportunities for training and leadership development through the START student leader workshops
- Directly advise Vanderbilt Student Government, and the Black Student Association.
- Provide coaching support to various student organizations
- Host the annual Student Involvement Fair
- Conduct campus-wide elections such as Vanderbilt Student Government, Outstanding Senior, and Young Alumni Leader.