Organization Registration Renewal for Existing Student Organizations
Student leaders must renew their organization’s registration each year by completing the registration process within Anchor Link. Renewal instructions can be found below. The registration process serves to provide current information to Dean of Students office and the University population at large. Organizations are encouraged to examine their missions and memberships and to set goals for the academic year.
Click here to view the privileges of being a Registered Student Organization (RSO).
To be eligible for registration renewal, an organization must:
- Be organized and run by officers who are full-time registered students as defined by their colleges or schools. Officers must maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA and may not be on academic or disciplinary probation.
- Have at least one full-time, permanent, Vanderbilt faculty or staff member as its adviser.
- Maintain all funds on deposit in an account of good standing through the Office of Financial Affairs and follow appropriate accounting procedures. (Special conditions apply to fraternities, sororities, and Vanderbilt Student Communications divisions.).
- Be funded by its members or the University (ex. AcFee, departmental funding, member dues).
- Limit its voting membership to Vanderbilt students, faculty, or staff members. (A limited number of other persons may be elected to honorary or associate membership without voting privileges.)
All Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) at Vanderbilt must comply with University policies and regulations, including our nondiscrimination policy. Your organization, including all members, officers and advisers, must abide by all Vanderbilt regulations, policies, and procedures, as outlined in the Student Handbook. The signed affirmation statement you will upload during the organization renewal process signifies the compliance of your organization with the University’s nondiscrimination policy.
***If your organization did not complete the re-registration process by May 1st then your organization’s Anchor Link account has been frozen. Officers currently on the roster can still access their group through “My Shortcuts” in the top gold toolbar of Anchor Link to re-register but the organizations are no longer publicly accessible. Organizations that have not completed the re-registration process cannot access their center (financial account) and will not receive their AcFee funding until the process is complete. Please contact email@example.com if you cannot access your group or have questions about the registration process.
Your organization submitted a constitution with your organization’s previous registration submission. This document was reviewed and approved by the Office of the Dean of Students. As a result, you will only need to upload a constitution if your organization has made changes to the constitution since your last submission. You may review your constitution from the “Documents” section of your group’s page on Anchor Link.
- Name, Email Address, Phone Number, and VUnetID for the Incoming President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary;
- Name, Email Address and Phone Number for the Faculty or Staff Adviser;
- Electronic version of the Organization’s Constitution to upload (ex. Word Doc, PDF)
- Electronic version of the Officer and Adviser Affirmation Form, signed by the Incoming President and Adviser. The form can be scanned in Sarratt 207 and should be uploaded as part of the registration process;
- Electronic profile picture to upload (ex. JPEG, PNG);
- Vanderbilt.edu email addresses for members not included on your current Anchor Link roster either separated by commas or entered one address per line. It is very important that this information is as accurate as possible.
If you have questions about renewing your organization’s registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Sarratt 207.