Trans Student Resources
UCC Drop-In Consultations
- A Drop-in Consultation is an outreach program that provides easy access to informal, confidential, and free consultations with clinicians (counselors) from the University Counseling Center (UCC). Virtual and in-person sessions are available specifically for LGBTQI+ students. View current hours on the UCC Drop-In Consultation webpage.
Continuum Support Group | Thursdays, 4-5:30 PM via Zoom
- Continuum is a group for students wishing to give and receive support around sexual identity and/or gender identity. Individuals interested in this group may identify as LGBTQI, or may choose not to subscribe to any particular label or category. Continuum provides a safe, confidential, and affirming environment to discuss identity, community, self-esteem, intimate relationships, family & friendships, and other issues of relevance. If interested, please contact one of the following UCC staff members: Kyle Shadrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ashley Weber at email@example.com. Co-leaders will conduct a brief meeting with interested students prior to joining the group.
Student Health Center LGBTQI Health Care
- The Student Health Center (SHC) is committed to providing quality health care to all Vanderbilt students, including those within the LGBTQI community. SHC is a “safe” place to come for health care, counsel, and advice. The Student Health Center at Vanderbilt is a leader in the area of LGBTQI health, and provides comprehensive and quality healthcare to the LGBTQI community. Learn more about the SHC’s services on their website.
Trans Lifeline: (877) 565-8860
- Trans Lifeline is a grassroots hotline and microgrants 501(c)(3) non-profit organization offering direct emotional and financial support to trans people in crisis – for the trans community, by the trans community.
Trevor Project: (866) 488-7386
- The Trevor Project provides 24/7 crisis support services to LGBTQ young people. Text, chat, or call anytime to reach a trained counselor.
Hampton House Counseling Loved & Lifted support group
- Loved & Lifted is a support group for transgender and non-binary folks, led by Nashville’s first Queer BIPOC owned group therapy practice.
LGBTQIA+ Eating Disorder Support Group
- This free eating disorder group, hosting by the Eating Recovery Center, is open to anyone who identifies as LGBTQI+ and is seeking eating disorder recovery & body image support.
- EmbracED is another free eating disorder support group specifically for those who identify as LGBTQI+
- Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access.
Nashville LAUNCH PAD
- Nashville LAUNCH PAD is a volunteer-based initiative striving to provide street-free sleep to displaced young adults in Davidson County between the ages of 18-24 with a focus on being affirming and welcoming to LGBTQ+ guests.
- Welltrack Connect is a HIPAA and VPAT-compliant online referral service to help you locate and connect with a therapist who best fits your mental health needs. You can filter providers who identify as Female, Male, Intersex, Trans Female, Trans Male, and Genderqueer/Gender nonconforming.
SCC’s Guide to Finding Off-Campus Support
- Student Care Coordination has compiled a helpful guide to walk you through finding off-campus mental health support. Visit their website for more information.
This page was last updated July 2023