New to telemedicine? Telemedicine includes remote healthcare services provided through video, text, and/or phone consultations.
- With the growing demand for telehealth and telemedicine, EduMed provides a step-by-step guide to virtual healthcare services. This resource includes information on when to use telehealth and telemedicine, how to get started, where services are provided, and responses to frequently asked questions. Vanderbilt is unaffiliated with EduMed.
- Included with your Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) and provided by HealthiestYou, is free access to board-certified physicians, licensed therapists, and psychiatrists. Students can schedule a counseling appointment by phone or video from 7AM to to 9PM. Prescriptions can be sent to your preferred pharmacy. Download the HealthiestYou (HY) app or call 855-870-5858 to get started.
- iHope Network provides video therapy to individuals who desire an easy, accessible way to connect with a mental health professional. Using your phone, tablet, or computer, iHope’s network of compassionate licensed clinicians delivers customized Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) treatment that fits your individual needs and personal lifestyle. iHope Network accepts many insurance plans nationwide.
My Student Support Program (My SSP)
- My Student Support Program (My SSP) is a free, 24/7 confidential support program for Vanderbilt students living outside of the state of Tennessee or abroad. My SSP provides free access to confidential counseling services, as well as a variety of wellbeing resources, including articles, assessments, and virtual fitness sessions. Real-time support is available by phone and live chat (no appointment needed!), and students may also schedule video appointments. My SSP counselors are available who speak Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, French, and English. For other language preferences, students may request an appointment with a counselor who speaks their preferred language depending on availability. Students living outside of the state of TN or abroad can connect with MySSP by downloading the “My SSP” app from their device’s app store, calling 1-866-743-7732 (US calls) or 001-416-380-6579 (international calls), or by visiting us.myissp.com. International calling charges will apply unless you either call via Wi-Fi, or opt to “call collect” by finding the collect call service for the country in which you are located, and request to make a collect call to 001-416-380-6579. My SSP will accept the collect call charges.
- Sanvello is a health and wellness app used to support stress, anxiety, and depression with over 3 million users. Sanvello provides 4 types of services: self-care for daily mood-tracking, guided journeys, and coping tools; peer support which invites you to join in on conversations with other Sanvello community members; personal coaching from health & wellness professionals; and scheduled teletherapy appointments with a licensed clinician. Sanvello is offering free premium access to anyone impacted by COVID-19. To activate free premium access, download Sanvello from the App Store or Google Play and create an account to begin using.
- SilverCloud is an online behavioral health platform available to students on the Student Health Insurance Plan. It allows students to work through cognitive behavioral therapy based modules at their own pace. The platform has a broad library of online therapy programs to support positive behavior change, overall mental wellness, and treat anxiety, stress, and depression. Each module is comprised of an introductory video and quiz, psychoeducational content with examples and personal stories, interactive activities, homework suggestions and summaries. SilverCloud is available to all students any time, any place, on any device.
- Go to gsh.silvercloudhealth.com/signup to start using SilverCloud.