New to telemedicine? Telemedicine includes remote healthcare services provided through video, text, and/or phone consultations.
BetterHelp Telemedicine Counseling Services
- BetterHelp is an e-counseling platform available to UnitedHealthcare StudentResources members who are on Vanderbilt’s Student Health Insurance Plan. BetterHelp offers access to licensed, trained, experienced, and accredited psychologists (PhD / PsyD), marriage and family therapists (LMFT), clinical social workers (LCSW / LMSW), and board licensed professional counselors (LPC). BetterHelp services are offered at no additional cost to UnitedHealthcare Student Resources members via text chat room or video conference options.
- With the growing demand for telehealth and telemedicine, EduMed provides a step-by-step guide to virtual healthcare services. This resource includes information on when to use telehealth and telemedicine, how to get started, where services are provided, and responses to frequently asked questions. Vanderbilt is unaffiliated with EduMed.
- Included with your Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) and provided by HealthiestYou, is 24/7/365 access to board-certified physicians online or on the phone (where permitted). Doctors on Telehealth can even send a prescription to your preferred pharmacy.
- iHope Network provides video therapy to individuals who desire an easy, accessible way to connect with a mental health professional. Using your phone, tablet, or computer, iHope’s network of compassionate licensed clinicians delivers customized Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) treatment that fits your individual needs and personal lifestyle. iHope Network accepts many insurance plans nationwide.
- SilverCloud is an online behavioral health platform available to all students. It allows students to work through cognitive behavioral therapy based modules at their own pace. The platform has a broad library of online therapy programs to support positive behavior change, overall mental wellness, and treat anxiety, stress, and depression. Each module is comprised of an introductory video and quiz, psychoeducational content with examples and personal stories, interactive activities, homework suggestions and summaries. SilverCloud is available to all students any time, any place, on any device.
- Go to gsh.silvercloudhealth.com/signup to start using SilverCloud.