New to telemedicine? Telemedicine includes remote healthcare services provided through video, text, and/or phone consultations.
- AcademicLiveCare (ALC) is a telehealth platform that will allow you to attend behavioral and physical health appointments on a smartphone, computer, or another mobile device, free of charge.
- With ALC, you can schedule virtual visits with medical professionals for common conditions such as sinus infections, fevers, and allergies. ALC also offers ongoing appointments with licensed psychologists, counselors, psychiatrists, or other providers to help with life’s challenges. Additional ALC services include nutrition counseling and lactation consultations.
- ALC is intended to supplement the existing services offered through the University’s Student Care Network, including the University Counseling Center, Student Health Center, Office of Student Care Coordination, and the Center for Student Wellbeing. ALC is not a replacement for these services, and you should continue to utilize the Student Health Center as your source of primary care for physical health. ALC should not be used in the case of an emergency or for urgent care needs. The University Counseling Center offers Urgent Care Counseling as well as an after-hours hotline for assistance in an immediate crisis.
To take advantage of ALC, visit academiclivecare.com and follow the below instructions:
- Click ‘Get Connected’ on the home page and then ‘visit Amwell’.
- After signing up, enter Service Key ALC & use Coupon Code ALCVBILT when prompted for payment. You will not be charged once you enter the Coupon Code.
- If you need assistance signing up, please utilize the AcademicLiveCare User Guide.
- Please note there is a $40 cancellation fee for cancellations within 24 hours of a scheduled appointment or for no-shows.
- With the growing demand for telehealth and telemedicine, EduMed provides a step-by-step guide to virtual healthcare services. This resource includes information on when to use telehealth and telemedicine, how to get started, where services are provided, and responses to frequently asked questions. Vanderbilt is unaffiliated with EduMed.
- iHope Network provides video therapy to individuals who desire an easy, accessible way to connect with a mental health professional. Using your phone, tablet, or computer, iHope’s network of compassionate licensed clinicians delivers customized Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) treatment that fits your individual needs and personal lifestyle. iHope Network accepts many insurance plans nationwide.
- My Student Support Program (My SSP) is a free, 24/7 confidential support program available to all International Students. My SSP provides free access to confidential counseling services, as well as a variety of wellbeing resources, including articles, assessments, and virtual fitness sessions. Real-time support is available by phone and live chat (no appointment needed!), and students may also schedule video appointments. My SSP counselors are available who speak Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, French, and English. For other language preferences, students may request an appointment with a counselor who speaks their preferred language depending on availability. International students can connect with MySSP by downloading the “My SSP” app from their device’s app store, calling 1-866-743-7732 (US calls) or 001-416-380-6579 (international calls), or by visiting us.myissp.com. International calling charges will apply unless you either call via Wi-Fi, or opt to “call collect” by finding the collect call service for the country in which you are located, and request to make a collect call to 001-416-380-6579. My SSP will accept the collect call charges.
- Sanvello is a health and wellness app used to support stress, anxiety, and depression with over 3 million users. Sanvello provides 4 types of services: self-care for daily mood-tracking, guided journeys, and coping tools; peer support which invites you to join in on conversations with other Sanvello community members; personal coaching from health & wellness professionals; and scheduled teletherapy appointments with a licensed clinician. Sanvello is offering free premium access to anyone impacted by COVID-19. To activate free premium access, download Sanvello from the App Store or Google Play and create an account to begin using.