New to telemedicine? Telemedicine includes remote healthcare services provided through video, text, and/or phone consultations.
Vanderbilt Telehealth by AcademicLiveCare (VTALC)
VTALC is a telehealth platform that will allow you to attend behavioral and physical health appointments on a smartphone, computer, or another mobile device, free of charge.
With VTALC, you can schedule virtual visits with medical professionals for common conditions such as sinus infections, fevers, and allergies. VTALC also offers ongoing appointments with licensed psychologists, counselors, psychiatrists, or other providers to help with life’s challenges. Additional VTALC services include nutrition counseling and lactation consultations.
VTALC is intended to supplement the existing services offered through the University’s Student Care Network, including the University Counseling Center, Student Health Center, Student Care Coordination, and the Center for Student Wellbeing. VTALC is not a replacement for these services, and you should continue to utilize the Student Health Center as your source of primary care for physical health. VTALC should not be used in the case of an emergency or for urgent care needs. The University Counseling Center offers Urgent Care Counseling as well as an after-hours hotline for assistance in an immediate crisis.
To take advantage of VTALC, visit academiclivecare.com and follow the below instructions:
- Click ‘Get Connected’ on the home page and then ‘visit AcademicLiveCare’.
- After signing up, enter Service Key ALC & use Coupon Code ALCVANDY2324 when prompted for payment. You will not be charged once you enter the Coupon Code.
- If you need assistance signing up, please utilize the AcademicLiveCare User Guides for desktop and mobile.
- Please note there is a $40 cancellation fee for cancellations within 24 hours of a scheduled appointment or for no-shows.
If you have any questions or run into any issues setting up your new account, you can reach Customer Service 24/7 by submitting a request using https://academiclivecare.com/request-assistance/ or calling 866-882-0343.
- With the growing demand for telehealth and telemedicine, EduMed provides a step-by-step guide to virtual healthcare services. This resource includes information on when to use telehealth and telemedicine, how to get started, where services are provided, and responses to frequently asked questions. Vanderbilt is unaffiliated with EduMed.
- Sanvello is a health and wellness app used to support stress, anxiety, and depression with over 3 million users. Sanvello provides 4 types of services: self-care for daily mood-tracking, guided journeys, and coping tools; peer support which invites you to join in on conversations with other Sanvello community members; personal coaching from health & wellness professionals; and scheduled teletherapy appointments with a licensed clinician. Sanvello is offering free premium access to anyone impacted by COVID-19. To activate free premium access, download Sanvello from the App Store or Google Play and create an account to begin using.