The UCC is committed to understanding the role of diverse experiences and backgrounds in order to best promote mental health and wellbeing in the lives of individuals and in our community.
• National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call 1-800-273-8255
• Crisis Text Line: Text CONNECT to 85511
• TrevorLifeline: Call 1-866-488-7386
• Your Local Police Department: Call 911
• Visit your local emergency room
Drop-in Consultations (formerly Let’s Talk) provide easy access to informal, confidential consultations with UCC counselors. Counselors can provide solutions and referrals to other on-campus and off-campus resources.
The service is open to all enrolled Vanderbilt University undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. A Drop-in Consultation is a good fit for students who:
- Are not sure about counseling and wonder what it’s like to talk with a counselor
- Are not interested in ongoing counseling but would like the perspective of a counselor
- Have a specific problem and would like to talk it through with a counselor
- Have a concern about a friend and want some thoughts about what to do
New appointments for UCC services, including for therapy and medication management, are managed through the Office of Student Care Coordination (OSCC), located in Rand Hall, Suite 305. After completion of an intake form, the Care Coordinators at the OSCC will assess a student’s needs in an in-person or telephone meeting and connect them to the most appropriate resources (including the University Counseling Center) to meet those needs.
- If you are a new client or have not seen a UCC provider in the past six months, use the button below to schedule an appointment with the Office of Student Care Coordination, located in Rand Hall, Suite 305.
- If you are a returning UCC client who has been seen by a UCC provider within the past six months, call the UCC at 615-322-2571 during clinic hours to schedule an appointment, or schedule your appointment on the Student Portal.
- Clinical Services: Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm, Friday 8am – 4:30pm
- Urgent Care: Monday – Friday, 10am – 4pm
- Additional appointment times outside these hours by request
We value your feedback. Please submit suggestions and/or questions related to the services at the UCC to email@example.com.