Commons reserves use of its facilities based on priorities for First-year Residents, Faculty Head’s of House, The Commons Staff, Registered Student Organizations, and University Partners seeking to contribute to the mission of The Commons.
Reserving a room:
The Commons Center Multi-Purpose Room 235, 237, 235/237, and Fireplace Lounge 107 have been made available for reservations. Reservations can be made through the Reservation & Event’s website at www.vanderbilt.edu/reservations or by visiting the Reservation & Events Office. Reservations must be requested and confirmed at least 24 hours (one business day) prior to the event.
Scheduling will apply as follows:
- The Dean of The Commons and supporting staff of The Commons who develop and implement programming can reserve space in the Commons Center during the academic year. Commons programming has priority when a scheduling conflict arises. No events will be canceled once they are confirmed. Commons groups are as follows:
- Houses of the Commons; FHOH’s (Faculty Heads of House); Commons House Staffs (AC’s); House Councils; Commons ResEd Professional Staff; Commons Council; and The Dean of the Commons Office/Dean.
- Registered Student Organizations who will offer activities for first year students.
- University Partners can reserve space during non-academic time periods.
- The Conference Office has priority during the summer.
- Reservations are only made 4 weeks in advance. Reservations for non-academic time periods can be taken 6 months in advance.
- Each group will be limited to 3 event reservations within one calendar month’s time period.
- No standing reservations.
- Exceptions can be made by The Office of The Dean of The Commons.
- The Fireplace Lounge 107 & Multi-Purpose Rooms 235, 237, and 235/237 combined are the only spaces that are able to be reserved in The Commons Center by Student Organizations and University Partners.
- In case of a cancellation, 24 hours (one business day) of notice is expected. Cancellations should be sent via email to the Assistant Director or charges will be applied.
- Student Organizations, The Office of The Dean of The Commons, The Chancellor’s Office, The Board of Trust Office, The Provost’s Office, offices of the deans of the four undergraduate schools & colleges, and The Office of The Dean of Students will not be charged room rental fees.
- Room rental fees will be charged to all University Partners.
- Each space and/or area has a default set-up. The Multi-Purpose Room default set-up is conference style for 235 and theater style for 237. Changes to the default set-up can result in a charge. Additional charges for set-up/tear-down, A/V, and Housekeeping will be accessed to Student Organizations and University Partners. The Fireplace Lounge 107 default set-up is lounge.
- The Commons Center will not store items for events.
- Any request to change the default set-up of a room must be requested three days or 72 hours (three business days) in advance of the desired event date.
- All other Commons Center room reservation requests will be processed through The Office of The Dean of The Commons. Those requests are to be sent to the Assistant Director for review.
- The Commons Center is exclusively Vanderbilt Catering, no outside caterers or food is permitted without Vanderbilt Catering’s approval.
- All other policies and procedures will be contained and outlined in the Student Centers Manual.
- For clarification on reservation policies at the Commons Center please contact Kenny Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.