Partner, The KF Group
Larry provides external and internal auditing and industry-focused services to companies in a variety of specialized industries including financial institutions, retail and distribution, higher education and other not-for-profit entities, and privately held growth companies. He has significant experience with regulatory compliance matters and internal control design. Larry has assisted several clients in performing organizational risk assessments and in correcting internal control deficiencies.
- Performed audits of annual financial statements and related disclosures, and reported results to those charged with governance
- Advised clients on the elements and implications of emerging financial reporting and auditing pronouncements
- Provided advisory services to clients regarding corporate structure, financing, and contemplated transactions
- Performed internal audits and operational reviews, and presented findings and recommendations to client management and audit committees
- Assisted clients with design and implementation of new policies and procedures
- Performed due-diligence procedures in connection with acquisitions and mergers
- Served or consulted as outsourced CFO for various private businesses and not-for-profits
Q. What excites you most about the Wond’ry?
A. The possibility that it may become a true link between the resources on VU and the greater middle Tennessee entrepreneur ecosystem. It may also ignite this area of the country in the medical device space which has been a notably missing healthcare focus here. And that it combines world class and world class minds which should yield remarkable results.
Q. What do you feel are the most important skills you have to offer in your role as a mentor?
A. Insight into the importance of developing a financial structure early in the process of building a business. Also financial insight that many business owners lack when they launch and an understanding of what those insights offer.
Q. What has been your proudest moment in your career?
A. When the first professional that I had mentored was admitted into the partnership of the firm of which I was a member.
Q. What has surprised you most about your job?
A. The opportunities to serve are so vast and rewarding; not in a monetary way but in the satisfaction of knowing I made a difference in a person’s life, in their family, in my community or state or even country.
Q. If you could do everything over again, would you make the same career choices?
A. I wouldn’t really change a thing. I have learned from every opportunity I have been blessed to experience.
Q. In your opinion, what is the most important quality for success?
A. Understand that it isn’t measured by money and that it isn’t just about yourself.
Q. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A. I never really wanted to grow up!! I still feel like I am a very young person with an amazing unlived life ahead of me to experience.
Office Hours: By appointment only
Areas of Expertise: Finance, Fundraising, Marketing