Addressing Packages to Students
All incoming packages should be addressed according to the examples below.
Name of student
PMB 35XXXX (xxxx is the student’s assigned 4-digit box number)
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville TN 37235 – xxxx (xxxx is the student’s assigned 4-digit box number)
Kirkland Dyer Vanderbilt
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville TN 37235-1234
37235 is unique to Vanderbilt University and our Station B Post Office. It is not necessary to put Vanderbilt University in the address line.
- Please use the registered name of the student on all packages
- Always include a return address on all packages.
- Do not ship packages to the student’s residence hall.
- Insure all packages for the value of the contents only. Do not overinsure. The USPS and other carriers will only pay the actual value of an item, not the insured amount.
- UPS, DHL and Fed Ex automatically assign each package a unique tracking number and insurance for up to $100.00 for no additional cost.
- If sending more than one package, number each one (1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3, for example).
- If the shipper tells you they cannot deliver to a post office box, please ask that they deliver to the street address (2301 Vanderbilt Place) and include the PMB (Private Mail Box) number on all packages. This is the street address for the Station B Post Office where all mail and packages are processed for students.
- If you are trying to locate a package, please allow enough time for the package to arrive. We will need the shipper name and the tracking number of the package in question. You can also click here and using your tracking number check to see if your package has arrived.
Policy on Refrigerated Items.
All refrigerated items will be held for 2 business days. If the item is not picked up or we have not heard from you by the end of the 2nd business day it will be returned to sender or disgarded. We will not give 2nd notifications or contact you again.
Policy on Refrigerated Medicines
All medicines that are shipped to Vanderbilt Mail Services for student pick-up that require refrigeration must be emailed in advance to the Associate Director of Business Services at Vanderbilt firstname.lastname@example.org . We will not be responsible for any medicines that do not follow these guidelines. All Medicine should be picked up within a 24 hour period.