- Please use the registered name of your student on all mail/packages, no nicknames please.
- Once you know your student’s campus address, make address labels to use for mailing to your student.
- Always include a return address on all mail/packages. If we can’t determine whom the mail/package goes to, this is the address we will return the item to. Please write legibly or use pre-printed labels.
- Do not ship or mail to student residence halls.
- NEVER SEND CASH IN THE MAIL.
- Please allow enough time for mail/packages to arrive after ordering or mailing.
- If an item is of extreme importance and you are shipping it via USPS, please use some form of tracking media to ensure it was delivered, such as, Express, signature confirmation, registered or certified. Signature confirmation is the least expensive way to do this.
- DHL, UPS and FedEx automatically assign each piece a unique tracking number and insurance for the first $100 at no additional charge.
- If you are looking for a package please have the tracking number, carrier used, or some type of specific information about the package. You may also use our tracking Web site .
- Do not over insure. The USPS and other carriers will only pay the actual value of an item, not the insured/declared value.
- If a shipper tells you they cannot deliver to a P.O. box, please ask that they ship to the street address (2301 Vanderbilt Place) and include the PMB (private mail box) number on the package and ZIP + 4 (to identify the student). The street address is for the Station B Post Office where all mail and packages are processed for students.
- Be sure items coming in to students have their registered name and PMB number on the item (example: cell phones may be in the parent’s name, and if they are sent a replacement phone by insurance it may come in the account holders/parents name). This may hold true for other items as well.
- You will get an email notifying you if you have mail in your virtual mailbox, you may come to the mail only window to frequently/daily check your mail so that it does not overflow. You will also get your mail when you come to the package window and pick up any packages you may have (there will be no need to get in both lines). If you subscribe to a newspaper or daily subscription this is extremely important. We throw away outdated copies to make room for mail and new copies.
- When picking up mail at the Station B mail window or package window check all mail carefully, If you get something that is not addressed to you or that does not belong to you, DO NOT OPEN IT. Please let the mail clerk know that is does not belong to you.
- Shredd It - There is a locked Shredd It box located in the lobby of Station B for disposal of confidential mail. This mail is shredded on site to ensure confidetiality.
- NEVER send cash through USPS or campus mail. If you choose to send cash it will be at your own risk. VU Mail Services will not be responsible for cash sent through the USPS or campus mail. Cash should always be delivered in person.
- Station B Post Office is located in the basement of Rand Hall (downstairs from the dining hall). We are a full-service contract post office offering every USPS service except passports and money orders. We have free USPS shipping supplies and all necessary USPS shipping labels and forms. We also sell shipping supplies, such as, boxes, all types of mailers, tape, tape strips, pre-stamped #10 envelopes, plain #10 envelopes, bubble wrap envelopes, padded envelopes and other items.
- We take VU Commodore Cards, credit/debit cards, checks and cash as forms of payment at Station B and Peabody. We also have an ATM located in the Lobby (Suntrust Bank).
- Post office service windows at Station B and Peabody are open 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Mon – Fri.
No Saturday window service is available.
Station B Package pick-up window, Mon – Fri 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. during the first 3 weeks of Spring & Fall semesters, after 3 weeks it returns to normal hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Sat 8:00 a.m. – Noon (during semesters only). Intelligent parcel lockers will have 24/7 access through the handicap entrance at the Station B Post Office front door.
We also have a new policy on refrigerated items.
All refrigerated items will be held 5 business days. If the item is not picked up or we have not heard from you by the 5th business day it will be returned to sender or thrown away if perishable. We will not give 2nd notifications or contact you again.