Student Mail Delivery
All student mail and packages are delivered to one central location at Station B Post Office, located in Rand Hall.
This is the location where all students who wish to have mail service will pick up their mail: Post Office Window, Package Pick-Up Window, and Mail Only Pick-Up Window.
We receive deliveries from the USPS three times daily: 6:30 a.m. first class mail, 9:00 a.m. Express mail and noon for certified, registered, insured, signature and delivery confirmation.
- First class mail is always posted to the student’s box daily by 10:00 a.m.
- Student mail is available for pick-up from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily at the mail only pick-up window. If you have mail available and are picking up a package, you will get both your mail and package(s) at the same time.
- Mail Only Pick-Up - If you don't have packages to pick-up, but want to pick up mail, proceed to the mail only pick up window. You do not need to wait in the package pick up line.
- If you have a package located in the Intelligent Parcel Locker (Parcel Lockers) your email will instruct you where to go and the code needed to retrieve your package. All packages not picked up in 24 hours from the parcel lockers will be removed, and will have to be picked up from the package window. Once removed, you will receive a new email instructing you to come to the package window to pick up the package in question.
- Packages are received from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. daily.
- Packages are processed according to service level and delivery time. This is the order in which they are processed: express, insured, certified, registered, signature confirmation, delivery confirmation and ground.
- We try to have all packages received and processed by 3:00 p.m. Each student will get a package notification email.
- We require a Vanderbilt Student ID Card / Commodore Card before any package can be picked up.
- When shipping perishable items, medicines or items that need refrigeration please note this clearly on the package.
- When shipping items of importance (i.e. passports, credit cards, medical cards, checkbooks, wallets) please use some type of tracking media or signature confirmation for tracking purposes.
- Insure all valuables / contents of the package for the value of the items; if the package is lost / damaged they will only pay for the value of the items not the insured amount.
- Please use the registered name of the student when sending mail or packages. Failure to do so could result in the package being returned to the sender.
- DO NOT SEND CASH IN THE USPS OR CAMPUS MAIL!!! If you choose to send cash it will be at your own risk. VU Mail Services will not be responsible for cash sent through USPS or campus mail. Cash should always be delivered in person.
- Mail / packages should never be addressed to the student’s residence hall.
We also have a new policy on refrigerated items.
All refrigerated items will be held 2 business days. If the item is not picked up or we have not heard from you by the 2nd business day it will be returned to sender or discarded. We will not give 2nd notifications or contact you again.
DURING STUDENT MOVE IN you must pick up all packages sent to the temporary location prior to the closing of the temporary location or your packages will be returned to sender with out a 2nd notice!!