Get Access to VINSE - New Vanderbilt Users
VINSE user facilities are open to everyone. There are no membership fees – VINSE charges hourly rates for our facilities and equipment. Complete the following steps to receive access to VINSE core facilities. Detailed instructions for each step are provided below. Non-Vanderbilt users, click here.
- Submit request to access facilities form
- Create iLab account
- VU EHS safety training
- Lab specific training
- Join VINSE in iLab
Submit an online 'Request to Access VINSE Facilities' form. This form is required for new users and current users that want access to additional VINSE facilities.
iLab is the platform used to make tool reservations and complete the billing.
- Click here to create an account , after account is created contact your PI to be assigned a project billing number
Users requesting access to analytical or cleanroom labs are required to complete the VU EHS training modules below. (If using only advanced imaging tools, skip this step).
- Log in to SkyVU
- "Me" menu, select "Learning"
- Search and enroll in “Chemical and Physical Safety for Research Labs”
- Email VINSE a screenshot of completion report
*Reminder - only complete the training for the labs you plan to use
- Watch cleanroom orientation video
- Review the Cleanroom Safety Plan & Conduct of Operations Manual
- Complete acknowledgement form
- Watch analytical orientation video
- Review the Analytical Lab Safety Plan & Code of Operations Manual
- Complete acknowledgement form.
No orientation, tool specific training is scheduled upon request
- Find VINSE under "Core Facilities" and request access