Become a VINSE User
VINSE user facilities are open to everyone. There are no membership fees – VINSE charges hourly rates for specific facilities and equipment. To get started – please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Classification (e.g. graduate student, post-doc, researcher, etc.)
- Institution or organization if external to Vanderbilt
- PI/Sponsor name
- List of facilities and tools you want to use
VINSE staff will contact you to schedule your orientation and specific tool training. Advanced registration is required to attend all orientations. If you are a new VINSE facility user, please refer to additional details below to complete your safety training and set up your account so you can make online tool reservations.
Cleanroom Orientation ~90 minutes - registration required
Offered weekly - Thursdays at 10am - 226 Engineering Science Building.
*registration is required, you must register by 10am Wednesday before orientation or you will be added to session the following week
Orientation will consist of the following:
- VINSE Cleanroom Safety Plan & Conduct of Operations Manual review
- Submission of a signed Safety Plan & Conduct of Operations Manual Acknowledgement form sent to email@example.com
- Cleanroom walk-through
You will need to wear closed toed shoes and long pants and bring your safety glasses. If you have a cleanroom notebook, bring it along with a non-retractable pen (non-clicky).
Analytical / Nanocrystal Fabrication Orientation ~90 minutes - registration required
Offered weekly - Tuesdays at 10am - 226 Engineering Science Building
*registration is required, you must register by 10am Monday before orientation or you will be added to the session the following week
Advanced Imaging Training
No orientation, tool specific training is scheduled upon request
If you are a new VINSE Resource User
COMPLETE AND SUBMIT YOUR ONLINE SAFETY TRAINING. All VINSE facility users are required to complete “Chemical Waste Training for Labs” & “Chemical and Physical Safety in the Lab” safety training in the Learning Exchange. Please follow the instructions below and submit your training certificates prior to your first orientation.
- Log in at: https://learningexchange.ea.vanderbilt.edu/
- Under find a course, search VEHS
- Select enroll for “Chemical Waste Training for Labs” & “Chemical and Physical Safety in the Lab”
- Once course is completed, take post test to receive your completion certificates
- Email completion certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
SET UP YOUR CORES ACCOUNT.
- Go to the CORES site here and click "New User Request Form".
- Log in with VUnet ID
- Fill out CORES New User Account Form, under role request, selected "resource user". Your account should be set up within 1-2 days.