Get Access to VINSE - External Users
Complete the following steps to receive access to VINSE core facilities. Detailed instructions for each step are provided below. Note: the password to access the documents will be provided once your external user agreement has been received.
- OCRS general lab safety training
- Lab specific training
- Create an iLab account
- Obtain a Vanderbilt ID card
- Obtain a parking pass if needed
Step 1: OCRS Safety Training
Users requesting access to the analytical lab or cleanroom are required to complete both OCRS training modules below. (If using only advanced imaging tools, skip this step.) Review each training module and complete assessment.
- View the Chemical and Physical Safety in the Laboratory Training
- Complete Chemical and Physical Safety in the Laboratory Assessment
- View the Chemical Waste Safety Training
- Complete Chemical Waste Safety Training Assessment
Step 2: Lab Specific Training
*Reminder - only complete the training for the labs you plan to use
- Watch cleanroom orientation video
- Review the Cleanroom Safety Plan & Conduct of Operations Manual
- Complete acknowledgement form
- Watch analytical orientation video
- Review the Analytical Lab Safety Plan & Code of Operations Manual
- Complete acknowledgement form
No orientation, tool specific training is scheduled after completion of remaining steps.
Step 3: iLab Account Set-up
iLab is the platform used to make tool reservations and complete billing.
- Click here for instructions on creating your iLab account
- Link iLab account to VINSE - Find VINSE under "Core Facilities" and request access
Step 4: Vanderbilt ID Card
You will need a Vanderbilt ID card to access VINSE facilities.
- Complete the card holder information section on the Card Services Form and email it to VINSE for signature. The form will be review and returned with signature.
- Email the signed form to the Commodore Card Office include a recent photo and a copy of your driver's license.
Photo Submission Guidelines:
- All photos need to be in color (no black & white photos)
- Your entire head and shoulders must be visible
- You must be facing forward looking directly into the camera
- You must have a plain, light colored background
- No other people or objects may be in the photo
- You must not have anything touching your face such as hands, props or other distractions
- You must not make any gestures or inappropriate facial expressions
- You may not wear a hat or sunglasses
- You may not wear jewelry or garments that obstruct the view of your face
- Vanderbilt Card Services reserves the right to determine any photo as being inappropriate
Your card will be sent to the VINSE office, we can mail to you or have it available for you on your first visit.
Step 5: Parking Permit
Visitors can get an external vendor parking permit from Vanderbilt Parking Services . Academic partners and non-for-profit organizations can email VINSE to request a memo for a discounted parking pass.
Users will obtain access of the VINSE core facilities and be scheduled for tool specific training once all of the required steps are complete.
If you have any problems or questions completing the steps above, please email VINSE.