Skip to main content

Party and Guest Registration

Party Registration

If you’d like to host a party in a suite space, you’ll need to register it in advance. Gatherings in residential spaces, regardless of whether alcohol is present, must be registered, when the number of people at the event will exceed the number of occupants of the apartment/suite plus ten (10).  For example, a suite of six (6) can have up to sixteen (16) people, including the residents of the space, without needing to register for the gathering. Gatherings are permitted only in Zeppos College suites, Rothschild College suites, Warren College suites, Moore College suites, E. Bronson Ingram College suites, Village at Vanderbilt, Mayfield Place, Chaffin Place, Morgan House, and Lewis House. All gatherings must abide by all other University and residential policies (noise, alcohol, visitation, etc.). The registration form is located on each residential community’s individual Anchor Link page. Registrations should be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to the proposed event, or by 12pm on Friday (for weekend gatherings). The form, once submitted, is sent to the Area Coordinator for approval. Additional event management policies for events with alcohol are outlined in the “Events with Alcohol Hosted in Residential Spaces” section of Chapter 6. 

Guest Registration

A student who wishes to host an overnight guest must complete a guest registration form located in the forms section of Anchor Link. The request should be made at least 24 hours prior to the arrival of the guest. The relevant Area Coordinator will review the request and send a message regarding the status of the registration. Host students should seek the permission of roommates and others with whom they share space (suitemates, e.g.,) before completing the registration form. Guests’ stays are limited to three consecutive nights. Guests must always be escorted in the residences. Lending student ID cards or room keys and sharing access codes are prohibited. Residents are responsible for the conduct of their guests and violations of University policy may be referred to the Office of Student Accountability, Community Standards and Academic Integrity. 

Please refer to the student handbook for more information.