Living Learning Communities
Vanderbilt’s Living Learning Communities (LLCs) provide opportunities for students with similar educational interests to live together in residence halls offering structured learning environments. Housing and Residential Experience co-sponsors these communities with various academic departments. Specifically, the McGill Project historically has received support from the departments of Fine Arts and Philosophy. Our programs are designed to attract diversity. Students from any school or discipline who wish to live in an LLC are welcome. Students of any gender may participate in any of these unique program initiatives as well. Mayfield Lodges and McGill Hall have opportunities for students to live in a gender-inclusive environment should they desire.
In addition to the Residential Experience staff (Area Coordinators, Graduate Area Coordinators, Head Residents, and Resident Advisers), Living Learning Communities also have the support of Residential Faculty and Faculty Advisors.
- Living Learning Community Application Opens: January 15, 2024 at 12 a.m. CST
- Living Learning Community Application Closes: February 21, 2024 at 6 p.m. CST
- Mayfield Decisions Released: February 23, 2024 at 6 p.m. CST
- McGill Decisions Released: February 27, 2024 at 6 p.m. CST
- Accept/Decline Offer to Join Living Learning Community: March 1, 2024 at 12 p.m. CST
Living learning community Interest Session
The Mayfield and McGill communities will host a virtual interest session on February 7, 2024, at 6 p.m. Students are encouraged to attend to learn more about the community, the application process, and get any questions answered that they may have. The Zoom meeting link can be accessed here.
additional community information