Once you join the Vanderbilt University Greek Community, there are expectations of you in order to maintain membership. Sustaining a fraternity or sorority on our campus necessitates active and engaged members interested in moving our organizations forward.
Typical Organization Expectations
- Attend weekly new/general chapter member meetings
- Pay all dues/fees in a timely fashion
- Maintain academic performance according to organization-specific standard
- Engage in future member recruitment or attend membership intake process training
- Participate in inter/national organization offerings (e.g. educational programs, leadership conferences)
- Meet community service hour requirement
- Execute philanthropic activities
- Manage the planning and execution of chapter events (Homecoming alumni brunches, mini weeks, tailgates, etc.)
- Follow all organization policies
Typical Greek Life Expectations
- Engage in community wide programs including
- Follow all Vanderbilt policies and Tennessee State Law
*Additional expectations apply to leaders within our organizations and across our governing council boards.