Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
Since its founding on December 4, 1906, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. has supplied voice and vision to the struggle of African-Americans and people of color around the world. While continuing to stress academic excellence among its members, Alpha also recognized the need to help correct the educational, economic, political, and social injustices faced by African-Americans. Alpha Phi Alpha has long stood at the forefront of the African-American community’s fight for civil rights through leaders such as: W.E.B. DuBois, Adam Clayton Powell, Jr., Edward Brooke, Martin Luther King, Jr., Thurgood Marshall, Andrew Young, William Gray, Paul Robeson, and many others.
- Nickname: Alpha
- Founded: December 4, 1906
- Local Chapter Founded: Kappa Theta, April 26, 1975
- Flower: Yellow Rose
- Colors: Black and Old Gold
- Philanthropy: March of Dimes
- Signature Events: Phinessing Your Network, HIV & STI Testing
- Local Website: https://anchorlink.vanderbilt.edu/organization/alphaphialphafraternityincorporated
- National Website: http://www.apa1906.net
Marc Fleming, President
Khari Blasingame, Vice PresidentMailing Address:
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37235-0014