Kappa Delta was established on Vanderbilt’s campus in 1949, and since then, the sisters of our chapter have passionately upheld KD’s open motto: “Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful, and highest.” The women that are recruited to our chapter are not only passionate students and dedicated leaders, but also powerful forces on campus as friends, classmates, and women you can rely on. Kappa Delta is home to girls from all over the country, we take pride in our strong sisterhood, scholastic achievement, philanthropic events, and social involvement.
Kappa Deltas are involved in a variety of student organizations, including Dance Marathon, VSG, Manna Project International, VUcept, Momentum Dance Company, Tour Guides, and so many more. In addition to those activities, KDs are extremely active with our four national philanthropies, especially the Girl Scouts of America and Prevent Child Abuse America. Each year, Kappa Delta hosts two events that benefit Prevent Child Abuse Tennessee (PCAT): KD Kosmo, a fashion show, in the fall, and KD Shamrock, a dodge ball tournament, in the spring. This spring, we raised over $16,800 for PCAT!
The sisters of Kappa Delta know that membership in KD means more than just an amazing four years on campus—our sisterhood is for a lifetime. Whether we’re studying together for a class, having a great time at formal, or just hanging out at the house, we know the friendships formed through KD will last forever.
- Nickname: KD
- Founded: Longwood College, 1897
- Local Chapter Founded: Beta Tau, 1949
- Flower: White Rose
- Colors: Olive Green and Pearl White
- Philanthropy: Girl Scouts of America, Prevent Child Abuse America, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and Children’s Hospital of Richmond, VA
- Benefit: KD Kosmopolitan
- Signature Events: Woodser Ranch Party, White Rose Formal
- Local Website: http://vanderbilt.kappadelta.org/
- National Website: www.kappadelta.org
Juhi Sinha, President
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37235-0097