Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
The Elegant Eta Beta Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.was chartered on November 11, 1972 by a group of 13 sophisticated young women from Vanderbilt University and George Peabody College for Teachers. The establishment of our chapter by these dynamic women, made Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. the first black Greek letter sorority at Vanderbilt University. Eta Beta has continued to strive to bring Alpha Kappa Alpha’s purpose of sisterhood, scholarship, and supreme service to all mankind to fruition. Eta Beta has earned the award for Exemplary Undergraduate Chapter in the Southeastern Region for Alpha Kappa Alpha for innovative and informative programming on campus. Annually the chapter hosts several signature events including our Chicken and Waffles Midnight Breakfast, PINK OUT Breast Cancer Awareness Philanthropy, AKAerobics, AKApollo Talent Show, AKAnomics, as well as our Jade Awards Superlative Banquet.
- Nickname: AKA
- Founded: January 15, 1908
- Local Chapter Founded: Eta Beta, November 11, 1972
- Flower: Tea Rose
- Colors: Salmon Pink and Apple Green
- Philanthropy: Ivy AKAdemy — Cameron Middle School
- Signature Events: Jade Awards, AKAsino
- Local Website: https://anchorlink.vanderbilt.edu/organization/AlphaKappaAlpha
- National Website: http://www.aka1908.com/
Nyria Rogers, PresidentMailing Address:
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37235-0014