Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc.
On April 9, 1990 at the University of Iowa, Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Incorporated was founded to provide academic and social support to women of all cultures. Sigma Lambda Gamma aims to unite women of all cultures and backgrounds and strives to be the premier mechanism of empowerment for all women. On December 6, 2007, Sigma Lambda Gamma was established as a colony at Vanderbilt University, and on September 14, 2009, the DistinGuisheD Gamma Delta Chapter of SLG was born. The Gamma Delta Chapter continues to carry out the legacy of its founders by hosting programming that appeals to the whole campus such as the annual Gamma mini-week and If Walls Could Talk Series, stay involved in various aspects of campus life from mentorship to community service, and uphold the sorority’s principles of Academics, Community Service, Cultural Awareness, Social Interaction, and Morals and Ethics on a daily basis.
- Nickname: SLG
- Founded: April 9, 1990
- Local Chapter Founded: Gamma Delta, September 14, 2009
- Colors: Shocking Pink Majestic Purple
- Philanthropy: What’s Good Cancer?
- Signature Events: Gamma Gala, The Truth about Cats & Dogs
- Local Website:https://anchorlink.vanderbilt.edu/organization/sigmalambdagammanationalsororityincorporated
- National Website: http://www.sigmalambdagamma.com
Cara London, President
Elizabeth Persons, Vice President
Tiffany Sheilds, Recruitment Chair
Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Incorporated
Station B, Box 1522
Nashville, TN 37235