Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
The year 1975 saw the birth of what started as a vision – an idea of an organization, a sisterhood that would cater to the needs of Latinas and the Universal Woman. Thanks to the tremendous strides made by our seventeen Founding Mothers this dream was realized, and took form as the entity Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Incorporated, the FIRST Latina sorority in the nation. Twenty-five years later a group of interested ladies at Vanderbilt University sought out to establish a chapter on their own campus. The Seven Daughters of Destiny achieved this goal in the Spring of 2001 by establishing the Intelligent and Eloquent Gamma Beta chapter. Gamma Beta chapter continues to strive for its ideals of highlighting diversity on campus, working toward the advancement of women, organizing campus events, working with and supporting other campus organizations, encouraging academic success and achievement, and above all, providing a strong sisterhood enriched by its various individuals, each bound by the principles of Unity, Love and Respect.
- Nickname: LTA
- Founded: December 1, 1975
- Local Chapter Founded: Gamma Beta, Spring 2001
- Colors: Burgundy and Grey
- Philanthropy: LTA Friendsgiving
- Signature Events: Treat Yo’self: Causa Lime a and Dessert Bar, Express Yo’ Self
- Local Website:https://anchorlink.vanderbilt.edu/organization/LTA_GammaBeta
- National Website: http://lta.orgsync.com/
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37235-0014