- Check out this video interview with Carmen Borgonovo about how she made it in the fashion industry.
- An ideal candidate for this industry would have strong communication skills, drawing and sewing skills, an eye for visualization, and business know-how.
- Develop your skills in photography, video production, digital design, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- View our Career Planning Guide & Internship Orientation Guide. Here is an accessible PDF: Internship Orientation Guide.
Industry-Specific Job Boards
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Cosmetic Executive Women
- Council of Fashion Designers of America
- Fashion Group International
- Retail Industry Leaders Association