The Career Center serves undergraduate, and graduate students enrolled full-time in all Vanderbilt schools and colleges, and we also provide career coaching to recent graduates (0-2 years out). We provide students with ongoing opportunities to learn about and explore professional opportunities, including career coaching, workshops, career panels, career fairs, field trips, and more. We have many resources available to help you prepare for the world of work. Please visit us anytime during your time at Vanderbilt and take advantage of all we have to offer!
Our staff helps students gain clarity about:
- DoreWays and numerous other online resources
- Career & Major Exploration
- Graduate & Professional School Advising
- Interview Prep
- Professional Statements (Diversity, Teaching)
- Job & Internship Search
- CVs, Resumes, & Cover Letters
- Professional Social Media & Online Portfolios
- Scholarship & Fellowship Opportunities
Who We Serve
Undergraduate Students: Students enrolled full-time in Blair School of Music, College of Arts and Science, Peabody College, and School of Engineering.
- Anthropology PhD
- Creative Writing MFA
- Economics MA; PhD
- English MFA; PhD
- French PhD
- German Studies PhD
- History MA; PhD
- History of Art and Architecture 4+1 BA/MA
- Latin American Studies MA
- Liberal Arts and Science MA
- Philosophy 4+1 BA/MA; PhD
- Political Science 4+1 BA/MA; PhD
- Psychology 4+1 BA/MA
- Religion MA; PhD (PhD in School of Divinity)
- Sociology PhD
- Spanish MA; PhD
- Spanish and Portuguese MA; PhD
PEABODY SCHOOL DEGREES
- Community Research and Action (HOD) PhD
- Leadership and Policy Studies (K-12 Educational Leadership and Policy) PhD
- Leadership and Policy Studies (Higher Education Leadership and Policy) PhD
- Special Education PhD (Early Childhood Special Education PhD; High Incidence Disabilities PhD; Severe Disabilities PhD; Visual Impairments PhD)
- Learning, Teaching & Diversity PhD (Language, Literacy, and Culture; Justice and Diversity in Education; Mathematics and Science Education; Learning and Design)
- Astrophysics PhD
- Biostatistics MS; PhD
- Chemistry PhD
- Data Science MS
- Earth and Environmental Sciences MS; PhD
- Interdisciplinary Materials Science PhD
- Mathematics MA; PhD
- Medicine, Health, and Society MA
- Physics MA/MS; PhD
ENGINEERING SCHOOL DEGREES
- Biomedical Engineering MS; PhD
- Chemical Engineering MS; PhD
- Civil Engineering MS; PhD
- Computer Science MS; PhD
- Electrical Engineering MS; PhD
- Environmental Engineering MS; PhD
- Mechanical Engineering MS; PhD
PEABODY SCHOOL DEGREES
Psychology (joint program with the College of Arts & Science)
- Psychological Sciences (Clinical Science) PhD
- Psychological Sciences (Cognitive Neuroscience) PhD
- Psychological Sciences (Developmental Science) PhD
- Psychological Sciences (Neuroscience) PhD
- Psychological Sciences (Quantitative Methods) PhD
Alumni: 0 – 2 years after graduation
Virtual Career Center Drop-ins
(STARTING JANUARY 25) Tuesday – Friday 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. CST
Drop-in hours are a great chance to get introduced to the Career Center during a 20-minute visit. Looking to have your resume reviewed, suggestions on your cover letter, or general questions about how to get started in your internship or job search? Find the drop-ins Zoom link in DoreWays!
STAY TUNED FOR SPRING DROP-IN HOURS
Learn what fellowship opportunities are right for you and get your questions answered by the Fellowships Team. Drop-ins are 20-minutes long and are meant to be exploratory. To find the drop-ins Zoom link, log in to DoreWays, click Career Center Programs, and then search “Fellowships.”
The Career Center is partnering with various departments around campus to better serve students in career development. A Career Coach will be available during drop-ins to assist students with resume/cover letter review, job/internship search, interview preparation, and other career-related questions. Check DoreWays for the upcoming hours!
Schedule a Coaching Appointment
Login to DoreWays to schedule an appointment to discuss your specific goals and gain clarity from one of our career coaches.
Students should visit our office during drop-in hours for resume & cover letter reviews.
Discover Professional Opportunities through DoreWays
DoreWays is the Career Center’s online resource where you can learn about and connect to professional opportunities on and off-campus.
You can search for internship and job opportunities in different industries; experience the hiring process by applying and interviewing on campus with employers; sign up for professional development workshops led by alumni or employers that provide insight into the workplace and skills needed to be competitive; search for career meetups offered on campus, and much more!
All Vanderbilt undergraduate students have access to DoreWays. Use your VUnetID and password on the Single Sign-On page to log into your account.
Are you in need of professional attire for an upcoming interview, Career Fair, or other professional development experience but have financial concerns?
Qualifications: You must be a current undergraduate or graduate student and have financial need based on records with the Office of Student Financial Services.
What is expected of me? You can pick up the card & packet at the Career Center. Within a week of purchasing your outfit, turn in all receipts to the Career Center, write a thank-you note to the donor (you may remain anonymous if preferred), and then give the note to the Career Center in person or electronically. If submitting via email, send it to email@example.com.
Please note: The card will not affect your financial aid, but you may need to complete a Form 1099 for income tax purposes. We have a limited supply of cards due to funding. Please allow up to 10 business days from your time of the request to receive your card. Stop by or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We educate and coach Vanderbilt students, connecting them to a world of possibilities.
Empowering meaningful futures.