Environmental Science, Sustainability
- The quickest way to do an efficient search is to concentrate on the major industry employers and professional sites. Check out this list of companies.
- Look into jobs and internships with local, state, and federal environmental agencies. Here is a list of agencies by state.
- Consider getting your HAZWOPER certification to make yourself a more competitive applicant.
- Learn about the Top Green Companies in the US.
- Check out local environmental organizations and participate in volunteer days, cleanups, etc.
- Take advantage of opportunities to attend professional events and conferences.
- View our Career Planning Guide & Internship Orientation Guide. Here is an accessible PDF: Internship Orientation Guide.
Industry-Specific Job Boards
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
Recommended Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Air & Waste Management Association
- American Academy of Environmental Engineers & Scientists
- American Planning Association
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- International Society of Sustainability Professionals
- The National Association of Environmental Professionals
Company & Industry Research
- Business Insights: Essentials
- D&B Hoovers
- Summer Experience Database
- Civil & Environmental Engineering Council
- Engineering Career Guide – Networking Skills
- LinkedIn – Green
- LinkedIn – Vanderbilt Career Insights Page
- Mango Connects
- Public Relations Society
- Students Promoting Environmental Awareness and Responsibility