- Check out our Vandy-in-Hollywood Summer Internship Program Guide.
- Go in knowing that 95% of internships for entertainment & media are unpaid. Start thinking about housing and transportation options now.
- Apply, apply, apply! Then, follow-up with alumni in the area. This is a competitive industry so it will be in your favor to make great connections and apply to 15+ internships.
- Most companies won’t even think about hiring interns until the spring (March-May).
- Do not get discouraged if you are not successful right away. Some students have finished finals, traveled home, then got a call summoning them to L.A. for the rest of the summer!
- It’s all about who you know in Hollywood… or entertainment and media in general. This industry is HEAVILY based on connections, and we think you can make some major strides with our awesome alumni.
- Creativity and innovation are key elements of these roles. Not to mention determination, the capability to be coached, ability to work long (and possibly odd) hours, a knack for efficiency, and a good attitude!
- Entertainment is a client-facing industry. It is important to use face-to-face opportunities to demonstrate “soft skills,” like communication skills, poise under pressure, and confidence.
- View our Career Planning Guide & Internship Orientation Guide. Here are accessible PDFs: Career Planning Guide & Internship Orientation Guide.
Industry-Specific Job Boards
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Artwork Revolution
- Entertainment Career Center
- The Balance Careers
- The Hollywood Reporter
Recommended Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (AMPAS)
- Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
- Academy Cinema Editors, Inc. (ACE)
- American Screenwriters Association (ASA)
- Association of Talent Agents (ATA)
- Costume Designers Guild
- Directors Guild of America
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA)
- Hollywood Radio & Television Society (HRTS)
- Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA)
- Motion Picture Editors Guild
- Producers Guild of America (PGA)
Company & Industry Research
- Business Insights: Essentials
- D&B Hoovers
- Undergraduate Experience Database