Chemicals, Rubber, Plastic
- For a quick and efficient search, concentrate on the major industry employers and professional organization job boards (i.e. AIChE and ACS). Check out the list companies below to learn more.
- Consider applying for REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates.) A list of REU sites can be found here.
- Take advantage of opportunities to attend professional events and conferences (i.e. AIChE and ACS).
- Check out Guides on the Chemicals, Rubbers, and Plastics Industry on Vault.
- View our Career Planning Guide & Internship Orientation Guide. Here is an accessible PDF: Internship Orientation Guide.
Industry-Specific Job Boards
The resources below are a combination of general industry information as well as specific job and internship posting sites for this industry.
- Chemical Spotlight
- Chemistry Careers in Industry
- IAESTE (International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience)
Recommended Professional Associations
A professional association is an organization of people who have similar career interests. These membership-based organizations often offer a reduced rate for students that allow access to the many resources they provide. Professional association websites can also offer job/internship databases as well as opportunities to find mentors or other contacts.
- American Chemical Society
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- International Council of Chemical Associations
Company & Industry Research
- Engineering Career Guide – Networking Skills
- LinkedIn – Vanderbilt Career Insights Page
- Mango Connects
- Vanderbilt Student Groups: American Chemical Society
- Vanderbilt Student Groups: American Institute of Chemical Engineers