Teaching English as a Foreign Language Internship
The English Language Center (ELC) Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Internship is available during the fall semester only. Originally conceived as an opportunity to learn about pedagogy in English as an additional language settings, the internship has evolved to also or alternatively include development of materials for use in such settings.
Undergraduage and graduate Vanderbilt students are eligible to apply.
Possible internship components:
- Real-world exposure to various aspects of English language teaching
- Participation in committees regarding English-language-program and curriculum design
- Access to extensive English-language-teaching materials and resources
- Opportunities to engage with international students at various levels of language proficiency
- Mentorship (shadowing seasoned instructors, conference proposal submission, etc.)
- Feedback on micro-teaching
Deadline to submit — July 1
TEFL Internships for fall 2022 have been filled. Thank you for your interest.
For more information, please contact: