English Language Center (ELC) employees regularly contribute to research conferences, professional development, and the community at Vanderbilt University and beyond.
Conference Paper Presentations and Participation
- Adam Steffanick and Susan M. Barone. Leveraging our corpus to inform pedagogy: Constructing a corpus of student writing from our university to develop individualized pedagogical resources. American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL), Chicago, IL (March, 2018).
- Lisa Russell-Pinson and Susan M. Barone. The Complexity of Supporting Graduate-Level Learners: ESL Professionals in Whitchurch’s Third Space. American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL), Chicago, IL (March, 2018).
- Susan M. Barone. People, Positions in International Education: How identities impact institutional structure. Roundtable. Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA), Washington, DC (February, 2018).
- Susan M. Barone and Carrie Cargile. L2 Writing Research Literature: A Reference for Novice Instructors of ELLs. Poster. ACTFL, Nashville, TN (November, 2017).
- Jim Cracraft. International Writing Centers Association Conference, Chicago, IL (November 2017).
- Debra S. Lee. Panel Member, Consortium on Graduate Communication Summer Institute 2017, Monterey, CA. Providing support for professional Master’s students.
- Susan M. Barone. CASA Board of Directors site visits to CASA Santiago and CASA Buenos Aires. (April, 2017).
- Stephanie Ventura. Conversations about Identity: Promoting Critical Dialogue Amidst Double Consciousness. TESOL International Convention and English Language Expo, Seattle, WA (March 2017).
- Susan M. Barone. DIS International Educators Workshop, Stockholm, Sweden (Spring 2017).
- Romy Frank and Debra S. Lee. Lawyer v. Non-lawyer: Expert Negotiations in Program Transformation. Symposium on Second Language Writing, Tempe, AZ (October 2016).
- Stephanie Ventura. Using Short Fiction to Discover Critical Pathways to Academic Content. SETESOL Regional Conference, Lexington, KY. (October, 2016).
- Susan M. Barone with Lisa Russell-Pinson. It Takes a University: Marshaling Cross-Campus Expertise in Support of L2 Graduate-Level Writers. Symposium on Second Language Writing (SSLW). Tempe, AZ (October 2016). Also presented at Consortium on Graduate Communication meeting con-current with SSLW.
- Susan M. Barone. Second Language Research Forum, Columbia University (September 2016).
- Carrie Cargile. Legal Writing Institute Biennial Conference, Portland, OR (July 2016).
- Jim Cracraft. (2017). This Is an Important Announcement! In J. L. Arnold & E. Herrick (Eds.), New Ways in Teaching With Music (New Ways in Tesol, pp. 102-104). Alexandria, VA: TESOL Press.