The Pronunciation course focuses on the fundamentals of North American English production. The purpose of this course is to help students modify their speech patterns to improve their speaking comprehensibility.
Spring 2024 registration is now closed. Check back in early August for Fall 2024 sign up.
- classroom instruction and practice
- digitally recorded assignments with individualized feedback
- focusing on segmentals (individual, problematic phonemes/sounds)
- focusing on suprasegmentals (stress and intonation patterns for various speech functions)
Focus of the course is on:
- identifying and approximating the phonemes of North American English
- identifying and approximating the stress and intonation patterns in extended discourse
- increasing intelligibility
- increasing fluency
- increasing accuracy
Both semesters cover all aspects of pronunciation.