Academic Writing is designed for students who need assistance with completing their writing assignments. The activities in the course are tailored to the students’ individual writing needs and goals. Students choose individual assignments based on the real-life writing that their academic fields require. Students receive feedback on assignments in class and in individual writing conferences with the instructor.
Please note that registration opens in December 2017.
- writing a technical report
- completing an annotated bibliography
- writing an abstract
- gathering and citing sources
- quoting, paraphrasing, and synthesizing information
Focus of the course is on:
- sentence, paragraph, and text level
- clear, accurate communication of content
- reducing wordiness
- emphasizing main points
- using parallel structures