writeELC for Undergraduates
writeELC offers you an individualized opportunity to enhance your experience at Vanderbilt University by practicing writing and academic language skills that are essential for your success in your undergraduate studies. Content in writeELC is organized around typical writing tasks at Vanderbilt. In addition, you will be able to schedule individual meetings with the instructor for personalized feedback.
writeELC is tuition free, but space is limited.
NOTE: FALL 2020 registration opens in early August 2020.
Activities include writing:
- a critique and/or argument
- paraphrasing, quoting, and summarizing
- research skills such as finding and evaluating sources
- academic emails
- a summary reflection
- a reaction/response
- resumes and cover letters
- other texts relevant to your academic needs
The focus of the course is on:
- adapting to the U.S. academic writing style
- building academic vocabulary related to your courses
- developing revision strategies
- improving clarity and flow
- analyzing the writing process to improve efficiency
- Writing emails, resumes, and cover letters that are appropriate for the U.S. context
For information regarding assessment and enrollment, please contact:
For information regarding eligibility, please contact: