English for Business Purposes
The English Language Center (ELC) has supported business students at Vanderbilt with courses and programming since 1994.
English for Business Purposes (EBP)
|Owen Students in Averbuch Auditorium|
The English Language Center’s English for Business Purposes (EBP) is a self-paced, online resource available to VU community members interested in Business English. The resource focuses on vocabulary and idiomatic language along with strategies for speaking & listening and reading & writing in both academic and workplace settings. Authentic content will be used including podcasts, video recordings, and written business content. It may be particularly useful to MBA students at the Owen Graduate School of Management (OGSM) and undergraduates with a Business Minor who use English as an Additional Language.
- Adapt more quickly to the US academic environment
- Communicate effectively in 1-on-1 interactions, groups, and during presentations
- Comprehend rapid American speech in lectures and discussion
- Read and write English efficiently and effectively
- Develop strategies for independent language learning
- The full EBP resource overview is here.
- Available May 13, 2022.
For payment and resource access, click here.
For more information, please contact: