English for Business Purposes
The English Language Center (ELC) has been working with Vanderbilt University’s Owen Graduate School of Management since 1994 to develop and deliver support programming for incoming students who have a first language other than English.
International Summer Business Program (ISBP)
|Students Get Ready for Final Presentations.|
The International Summer Business Program (ISBP)* is specifically designed to help students, who have a first language other than English begin Mod I with the language skills and cultural knowledge necessary to benefit more fully from OGSM's academic program. The summer program combines advanced-level language instruction with orientation and cultural activities:
- Orientation to U.S. classroom culture and academic English
- Highly individualized feedback and coaching on writing and speaking skills
- U.S. pop culture for engaging with U.S. peers
- Exposure to the language and norms of working and presenting in teams
- chatELC, a tuition-free conversation group for spouses and domestic partners
|ISBP Students Gathering on the Final Day of the Program.|
- Adapt more quickly to the OGSM environment
- Communicate effectively in groups and individual presentations
- Comprehend rapid American speech in lectures and discussion
- Read and write English efficiently and effectively
- July 9–July 25, 2018 Monday through Friday
Students should enroll through the Owen Graduate School of Management.
In the Media
* Note: The International Summer Business Program (ISBP) was formerly known as US Business Communication & Culture (USBCC).
- American Business 101: A photo essay
- Vanderbilt Business International MBA Video
For more information regarding course content, please contact:
For more information regarding eligibility content, please contact: