How do I add feedback and evaluations to assignment submissions?
The Evaluate Submission page enables you to evaluate and leave feedback for user submissions. It contains two main sections: The Submissions List panel and the Evaluation panel. Use the Evaluation panel to grade and provide comments on submissions.
If you make evaluations directly on the Evaluate Submission page, you can publish feedback immediately or save your feedback as a draft and release it at a later time. This enables you to revise and review evaluations, and publish your feedback to multiple users at the same time. You also have the option to retract published feedback if you want to provide an update to past evaluations but only want learners to access your most recent feedback. You can also annotate users’ web and plain text file submissions with the HTML Editor and attach those annotations as part of feedback.
If you use rubrics to assess submissions, you can append the overall rubric feedback to the Submission Feedback field. If the rubric uses points, you can also scale and transfer the overall rubric score to the Submission Score field. Both of these fields transfer to Grades if the assignment submission folder is associated with a grade item.
If you download user submissions and leave feedback within the files, you can upload them back to the appropriate assignment submission folder so they appear as attachments to each user’s submission evaluation. To ensure successful feedback upload and distribution back to students, do not rename the downloaded files’ names after you enter feedback and save changes.
For a printable & shareable PDF version of this resource, click here.
1) On the navbar, under Activities & Assessments, click Assignments.
2) On the Assignment Submission Folders page, from the context menu of the folder you want to evaluate, click the preview icon View Submissions.
3) On the Submissions page, do one of the following:
- If you want to return feedback on multiple downloaded submissions at once, click Add Feedback Files. Upload your compressed .zip file using the same format that it was downloaded with, then click Add.
- If you want to evaluate an individual user, click the the feedback icon Evaluate link for their submission. To add evaluations using an attached rubric, on the Evaluate Submission page, in the Evaluation panel, click the Assess All Rubrics icon. Add a Score for the submission, and any additional Feedback, including text, audio, or video files.