*Visit the Appointments page to access UCC Psychiatric Services.*
- The UCC has psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners available by appointment for medication evaluation and management.
- Students can be referred for psychiatric consultation through the Office of Student Care Coordination or through direct referral from a UCC therapist.
- For students who are already on medication, we ask for records documenting the current treatment plan to ensure safe continuity of care. We encourage students to work with their home provider if continuing medication without the need for significant adjustments.
- Please also be aware that students should identify resources in the community or at home for medication management during extended times away from campus, such as the summer months or during study abroad.
- In most cases, your medical assessment will be scheduled within two weeks of your initial appointment. Once scheduled, please be on time for psychiatric appointments. If you are more than 10 minutes late, your appointment may have to be rescheduled.
- In-person and telehealth options are currently available. Please note that students choosing telehealth are required to be in the state of Tennessee at the time of their evaluation. Providers expect students to maintain the same professional standards as would be expected in an in-person appointment.